Saturday, November 29, 2014

Birthday Lunch @ Ice Edge Cafe

Finally a day to sleep in late and that's because it's my birthday! :) 


Birthday #OOTD. Wearing back one of my romper from Love Bonito.

We set off to the birthday lunch venue around 12+pm. It's just a few MRT station away so we reached there by 1pm. The other time, I was at that area for Brunch @ Lola's Cafe. Both cafes are really near to each other and I've been wanting to come back to try Ice Edge Cafe since there's a hype about it too. Especially the waffles!


Ice Edge Cafe is located just a few minutes walk from Kovan MRT station. 


Btw, they don't open for brunch but instead from lunch time onwards. 


The mains' menu. 


Their desserts and drinks menu.


Interior of the cafe.

We went there on a weekday lunch and this cafe attracts working adults to dine in there and also students who came in for their waffle ice cream fix! It was quite packed but there's seats for us.


They are having 1 for 1 mains under their weekday lunch promotion. When the waitress inform us, I was quite surprise and at the same time it do made my trip there more worthwhile. Now I seems to know why the working adults and students will head there for lunch. It's totally worth it!

We wanted to order 2 same type of mains but were persuaded by the manager not to. This is so that we can try a variety of food from them. We were both lovers of seafood aglio olio but in the end we only ordered 1 of this to share and also another mains.


Seafood Aglio Olio Spaghetti - 16.80

Their Seafood Aglio Olio tastes really good! Somehow I can't cook till this standard leh. Derp and I keep tasting and thinking what actually do they put into it to make it so yum.


My birthday date :)


Another mains which we ordered is the Pesto Cream Chicken - $17.80

Pesto Cream Chicken is one of their signature dish too. The Pesto sauce compliments well with the chicken.


Mandatory shot! 

I can't finish it in the end and got to share with Derp. That's because I did took some of his seafood aglio olio to eat beforehand lol. The potato wedges are really very filling. 

We were thinking of giving the dessert a miss but ice cream waffles is their signature dish. I will feel that I've never been there if I never order the ice cream waffle. 

We sat down and rest awhile before we went to order our desserts. The ice cream waffles are to be ordered from the counter and you get to try the flavors first before confirming your order. 


Lots of flavors to choose from! 


We decided on a scoop of ice cream on the waffle. Good enough since we were already quite full and we reckon we should have waffle to go with the ice cream. We often feel really cold after eating just ice cream itself so mixing it with hot waffle seems to be a better choice.


So pretty! Can't bear to eat. We ordered the Hershey's flavour ice cream if I never remember wrongly. Costs around 10 bucks.


A photo with my Derp. Substitute the birthday cake for the ice cream waffle. 

We walked around Kovan area before we head to take train to NEX for our movie date. A rare weekday movie date! :)  Can't help but to shop for some necessities for the house whenever we are outside nowadays and there's tonnes of stuff at Kovan! 


We caught Fury. A show starring Brad Pitt! It's a not bad show but it has a sad ending,. :(


Last photo taken with Derp before our movie commence.

I'll definitely go back to have their waffles again. But not their main dish because without the 1 for 1 promotion, it's really expensive. So best time to go is during weekday lunch!


Ice Edge Cafe

Operating Hours: 12pm-12am Daily

Address:
2 Kovan Road,
Simon Plaza, #01-10,
Singapore 548008
Telephone No : 6858 5729

I was reminded that it was my first birthday as Mrs Goh.

Thanks you Derp for keeping me happy the whole day and it's been really long since we go out on a date so carefree-ly. Without having to rush home to do all the household chores and etc. I ended my birthday with a 1 hour yoga. It's  definitely rejuvenating enough to get some stretch on your birthday. :)

That's all for my birthday post. Hope it didn't bore you too much after reading this.

Crossing my fingers to complete a blog post regarding HDB BTO renovation really soon. December is coming really soon, shall talk about the goals for the last month of the year soon too!

No comments :

Post a Comment