Monday, April 06, 2015

Venus Run 2015

This is my second year joining Venus Run! It's also the first race of the year and I've to admit last year experience wasn't as great as this year. The organizers did improve much after gathering all the feedbacks from last year.

The race pack collection was held at the new Kallang Wave Mall which I blog about it not long ago. 

The whole race pack collection for Venus Run was fuss free and totally no hassle.


Yay to no queue and that's because the organizer has sufficient man power to allow everyone to collect their race pack swiftly. p/s: Spot the big indoor rock climbing facility behind the booths. 

We took the chance to explore around Kallang Wave Mall since it's our first time there.


They have this outdoor pool which looks really cool and fun for kids. The scenery there is awesome too even though when we went up, the sun was scorching hot. It's not really crowded there so parents do take the chance to head there with your kids. It's free if I'm not wrong and there's locker for you to lock your belongings :)


There's also this wave house concept kind of surfing facilities at the roof top of Kallang Wave Mall.

Sad to say, it's not operating yet as it's not ready yet till the second half of the year.


There's this kind cleaner uncle who brought us in to take a quick look. They had build a lazy pool around the surfing pool. So cool! Of cause when it's officially opened, they will start to charge money. But who will have thought you can find this on top a shopping mall?

Not to mention there's indoor rock climbing facility in Kallang Wave Mall too which makes me very tempted to try. The last time I rock climb is nearly 10 years ago lol.

Okay enough of Kallang Wave Mall, back to Venus Run.

Here's what you can find in the race pack..


#flatlay of the goodies in the racepack.

Fast forward to race day, the weather was really good and the flag off was at 8am. One of the latest flag off time type of race I've attended but since it's only 5km, everyone should be able to complete before it starts to get really hot.

Derp kindly accompanied me to the race site and because it's only 5km, he does not need to wait that long for me. We took train to Stadium MRT as there's shuttle service provided to the race site located @ Garden By the Bay East.


The long queue which got me depress at first.

We were told that the shuttle bus comes at a interval of 10 minutes so I'm quite sure I'm gonna be late for the flag off. I couldn't get up the bus for the first time but to my surprise, around 5 minutes later another bus came so we managed to get up. I was prepared to walk to the race site if the queue was really really long like last year.

The signs were clear and everyone was in a orderly manner to hop onto the shuttle bus.

And so I reached the race site 5-10 minutes before the flag off. Enough time for me to take some photos before heading to the flag off point.


Mandatory shot before the first race of 2015. 


The crowd before flagging off..

The race officially flagged off at 8am after a 5 minutes warm up.

The race route is not new to me as it's one of the most common route for many races. My first race which I joined years back took the exact same route too. There were 2 water points, 1 before going up Marina Barrage and another one which is 1km after that. The whole race were pretty smooth and I enjoyed it pretty much.

The 5km race came to an end and I also collected my finisher medal without having to queue for it.

More photos below..


Yay to completing the first race of the year..


With the ever so familar backdrop...


With Derp :) 



Very much prefer this year finisher medal as to last year.


Pic credits to #running shots


This set of photos credits to Runcapture. 

I love this set of photos! During last year's Venus Run, I almost couldn't make it up the slope at Marina Barrage. This set of photos reminded me how much I've improve over the year.



My offical timing. I've achieved a new personal best for a 5km race.

This year's Venus Run is a huge improvement from the last year.

1) Nicer running singlet as compared to 2014 (it's in my favourite color!) 
2) Shuttle service comes quick enough to clear the long queue.
3) No bottlenecks/not congested during the race like last year
4) A morning race instead of evening race which I much preferred
5) Nicer finisher medal as compared to 2014

I do hope they keep up the good job and hope to see you in 2016 :)

No comments :

Post a Comment