Thursday, July 11, 2013

Jurong Lake Run 2013

The popeyes at Jurong Point is finally open! Derp and I went to watch Despicable Me 2 and ta bao-ed the popeyes home. I tried my best to eat 12 hours before my marathon so as to let the food fully digest but I failed to do so. -_-".


Super long queue without fail everyday but I need to carbo load myself so no choice but to queue! 

I woke up at 6am on a Sunday for the marathon. It's probably the first time in my life lol, I can't remember when was the last time I do it. -_-'. Went to bathe, get myself ready mentally and also phyiscally by eating 3 small bananas down and do some stretching at home before I head off to take train to Jurong East :)

It's my second marathon of the year (There's 2 more confirmed ones coming up :)), I thought I might not be so kan cheong, but actually I still feel nervous lol. Though it feels weird without Derp waiting for me at the ending point, but I know I can be independent :)

The Jurong Lake Run 2013 was really well organized. Once I reached Jurong East Mrt, I looked at the sign board and followed the way to deposit my bag. It was another 5-10 minutes walk. Not much people at the bag deposit area too, and yup the volunteers greeted me and wished me all the best :):)

On the way to the starting point after depositing my bag.

It was around 7:40am once I reached the starting point, I strolled slowly from the bag deposit point to the starting point. I never thought I would be so near to the starting point though. Because during Nike She Run, no matter how long you've walked/waited, the starting point never seems to be anywhere near.

Last shot before flag off.

The first 2km was a breeze. I never run so far in my life without stopping. The road is wide enough, weather was god damn good,  We ran from snow city till lake side before turning into Jurong Lake. After that, all the runners were under hot scorching sun all the way. That's where the real challenge came in I guess. 

When I finally saw the 5km mark, I really feel "wah finally" in my heart. lol. I guess all the runners felt that when they are left with just 1 more km to go! But the last km was torturing max. I've never run so far in my life before, furthest was 5km, so after the 5km mark, I do feel like walking all the way but I drag myself slowly to the ending point. It's like reaching another milestone I guess. 

After crossing the finishing line, I got my 100 plus (the only time it tasted damn good was after a marathon), queued for finisher tee and also the medal. There's some human jam at the collection point but as long you cooperate to tear out the coupon that was attach to your bib, it will be fast process for you. But most of us have no hands to tear it off. 

I went to collect my bag after the race, it was a breeze again, thanks to all the students volunteers who were working well and hard!

Met up with Lester who have completed his 10km race with his brother. It's his first time participating in marathon lol. I've actually have another 2-3 primary school mates joining this race, all the jurong people! :)


I'm very sure both of us have lost a few kgs straight after the run because We've been complaining about the weather from the moment We met up.

And because I don't want to get tan by standing under the sun too long, I requested for a shot in the shade. So just nice I was infront of this Tuck Lee ice cream van lol. 


Seems like I'm promoting for them. 

Yea completed my 6km run! 

I didn't bother to check out the carnival happening in Chinese Garden cause it was too crowded and head home straight. For the rest of the day, I drank liquid into my body like a camel. It's like I'm in a constant thirsty mode. Sound scary though, the thought of just keep drowning myself with water.Hydrating yourself after a marathon is definitely a must, I guess no choice then, of cause I'm worried I gain water weight lol. 

The finisher medal and the finisher tee.

Kudos to all the volunteers working hard for this event. I'll try my best to join again next year even though I might not be in Jurong by then. But it's okay, Jurong Lake Run have shuttle bus service :) It's definitely a good run and the view was really awesome minus the fact of the sun that's killing us. Maybe they should do it at 5pm next time, it will be much more cooling haha! 

I aim to do it belwo 50 minutes and I did it! It could be better but the last km I slack too much lol.



Looking forward to my next race in 1 month time and this time it's with Derp. :) Usually when he run with me, he'll encourage me to go on. I want to achieve less than 1 hour in the next run which is of a longer distance than 6km! Jia you! 

No comments :

Post a Comment