Monday, November 18, 2013

Great Eastern Women Run 2013

November is a super duper busy month. I flew to BKK and came back to attend 3 sports event. 

Thanks to my colleague, Karen, who helped me to collect my racepack because the racepack collection date falls on the day before I fly off to BKK.

Basically, she got to carry 2 racepacks home. lol! So I'm really grateful for that! :) 

It's my first ever longest run this whole year. I won't say I'm really ready for it, but I know I should be able to do it. I completed a 8km run before I fly off to BKK. Since it's just another 2km, it shouldn't pose that much a problem.

Nevertheless, I will still bear in mind to always listen to my body. "Be consistent"


The racepack was really good and not forgetting the event singlet is by Adidas :) And they even gave us a huge waterbottle! 

I woke up at 5am that day and it was raining heavily. From my past experience, I know I have to just proceed on unless there's further notice. By the time I'm done prepping and getting ready to get out of house, Karen who's running the 21km is about to start the race at 5:30am. I'm glad I've her to keep me updated of the weather. It was cloudy at the town area but the race proceeded. 

Thankfully the race was not cancelled if not I would have wasted my trip down. I'm very okay to run in slight rain, I rather they don't cancelled it unless is really thunderstorm and lighting strike.

I was late for the flag off for around 10 minutes. The MRT was really slow due to the rain. So basically, I dashed through the starting line alone. I kind of feel lonely and pai seh for being late, but overall it was not that bad cause there was no bottleneck for my first 5km.

The bottleneck came in at the last 3km or so with tons of people walking. The 5km route overlapped the 10km route hence it was almost impossible to run fast. Sometimes, you will just give up in overtaking people. The rain was getting heavier as times goes by, I think a lot of them really enjoy walking in the rain rather than seeking a shelter asap. lol.

I spotted Derp at the last 100 metre or so, he was standing high up on top. I waved my both hands at him and he saw me. He was holding my towel and asked me if I need anot. Honestly speaking, seeing him waiting for me there is more than enough. I was motivated to run finish the last few metres and just want to meet him asap. 

I collected my finisher medal, 100 plus and waited for Derp. He came over with his umbrella and my towel :)

Honestly speaking, other than the proposal, this is probably the next most touching thing he ever done for me, which is to wait for me and give me support after every race. Somethings, just can't be bought with money - #fact.

There were lots of food waiting.at the carnival. However, I only managed to grabbed one muffin. We were about to grab my ice cream before we left but the queue is horrible. I've seen 1 person grabbing more than 1 ice creams, and there were people saying the ice cream out of stock. I should aim to be in the first wave for the next race so that I can get to the finishing point first before others do.Being 10 minutes late makes a big difference.

We went to find Karen and Kelvin to take some photos with our finisher medals :)


We were all sweaty and sticky, sweat + raindrops combination, but it was nevertheless a good race. 

My first race without listening to any music. It's either I had my phone or I had my music. Actually, I came to realise I can just carry both. But that day, I chose to have my handphone to update Derp my whereabouts :)

A totally different experience of running when you ran without music, honestly speaking, time seems to pass by slower lol! 

Some of the photos taken by RunningShots :) Thanks for the photos! I think I look pretty stone though. lol.

3rd medal of the year...

A nicer picture taken by Great Eastern! Credits to FinisherPix for this photo :)

We went to had Burger King breakfast at Marina Square before the crowd came. I was really famished after the race. The hunger came almost instantly after the race. 

On the way back to go home and rest, we saw the lighted up carousel outside Jurong Point and decided to take some photos since there weren't much people. Afterall, it's only 10am on a Sunday morning. 


Jurong Poitn decides to use Carousel instead of Xmas trees this year. Refreshing idea..

My only #OOTD that day..and it was after a10km run..


All the bears are also on display in Jurong Point. There's a emo one behind though lol. 

Alrighty, looking forward to the next GE race and I'll blog about my last race of 2013 soon. I've already started planning for my 2014 races. Once you start, you cannot stop! 

1 comment :


  1. Nice information.. Thanks for sharing this blog. see my website also
    ONE STOP DESIGN SOLUTIONS is an integrated full service architectural and interior solutions company. OSDS has deep capabilities to conceptualize, execute and manage an interior project on turnkey basis- from conceptualization to execution VIEW MORE:- Best interior Designer in Dwarka

    ReplyDelete