Monday, December 21, 2015

Great Eastern Women's Run 2015

It's my 3rd time joining GEWR and yes I can't believe it's my 3rd GE run! GEWR was my first 10km 3 years back and I have never stop participating in it since then. It's one of the must-join race every year because of it's great welfare and how organized the race has always been. 

What makes it more special this year is because this year is their 10th year anniversary. Hence they are giving out a very pretty memento tee for all the participants on top of their usual running singlet :) 

The racepack collection was held weeks before the race day and it was held at Suntec. 

I went on the 2nd day of the racepack collection and the queue was super long. It took me more than 1/2 hour to get the race pack. But at the very least, the queue was always moving hence we can't feel we were standing there for too long. Poor Derp have to queue and wait for me so I treated him to dinner after the GE race pack collection. 


The queue extend till the outside of Suntec. 


Almost getting in to the mall after more than 15 mins..


Finally almost there after 20 minutes of queuing outside Suntec


The goodies in the racepack. 

GEWR never fail to pamper all their runners with lots of goodies :) 


I love the memento tee the most! 

On race day, I was late opps! Can't really remember what's the reason but I didn't make it to the first wave of the flag off. Was a little sad because I wasn't early enough to join the pacers till the finishing line but oh well, I can only depend on myself then. 


Despite being late, still need to take the mandatory shot haha! 


While waiting for flag off.. 

Spotted the sunrise which greeted us that morning. Yay to a #hazefree run :) 

Having ran the route for the 3rd time, it was something not new to me. The only challenge is always about beating the sun before it come out. This is the challenge for every morning race. Hence the last few km was the most torturing part of the race. 

The first 5km was a breeze but I didn't make it to my personal best timing. I decide to just listen to my body and enjoy the process since a PB is getting further and further as I progress each km. 

I know Derp was there waiting for me at the usual spot, waving to me during the last few hundred meters. Since he got a camera phone now, he also took photos of me heading towards the finishing point haha! 



#likeahappybird finishing the race for the 3rd time :) 


Changed into my memento tee and took pic. The truth is the running singlet was all wet haha! 






With Derp who have been with me throughout these 3 years of GEWR


The one who joins GEWR without fail every year even though we always ran different cat. 


2013, 2014 and 2015 

I must say this year medal is very chio because it's gold plated.  


The only official finisher pic I have this time round. Okay I definitely look better during GEWR2014, when the photographers were not located at only the finishing point. It's not easy to look good after running nearly 10km. 

Truth to be told, I was only 2 minutes away from my PB. Oh well, there's always a next time to clock a PB but I must say this is the best 10km done this year. I'm looking forward to more GE races in the near future. 

No comments :

Post a Comment