Monday, September 14, 2015

2XU Compression Run 2015

2XU Compression run was supposed to be held on the last weekend of March but however due to the state funeral of Mr LKY, the run was postponed.

I've very much wanted to run this race because it's my very first 2XU run. I'm glad that we were able to make it for the postpone run as it doesn't clash with our schedule.

The racepack collection was held wayback in mid of March at Velocity @ Novena. The queue for the racepack collection was really long and especially so for the half marathons runner. The 10km racepack collection queue was much shorter hence I managed to collect my racepack within 15 minutes.




And as expected from big races, there's nothing special inside the racepack except for the nice looking race singlet and good quality shoebag. 

The race was rescheduled to 2nd of August(1 week after my Shape Run). The starting point was changed due to the ongoing national day rehearsals. The starting point was located opposite Marina Barrage and they advised us to walk from Marina Barrage to the starting point. 

It was quite a long walk but the beautiful sunrise that morning made one forget about the distance but rather, everyone is enjoying the sunrise. I spot many people taking selfie or welfie with the nice background. 


The beautiful sunrise 

We were slightly late for the race because there was a massive human jam on the way to the starting point. 

Reason being, the half marathon runners who have completed the race were walking back to Marina Barrage whereas 10km runners were making their way to the starting point. And on another lane, it's for the 21km runners who were running back. The narrow lane was divided up into 3 lanes. 

Despite the race being postponed, what surprises me most were the large turnout for the race even though runners were allow to collect their medal if they do not wish to run the race anymore. Oh well, I believe runners will prefer to run to earn the hard earned medal rather than doing nothing and collect the medal.


Late for the race but still want to take a photo before the race start haha.


The beautiful sky that greeted us before we reached the starting point. 

The race route was nothing new to us except for the 4KM inside ECP. Having run so many races, this is actually the first race which I joined that cut through ECP (I know many local races have route which passes through ECP but I've no fate with them).

The view was really scenic despite the sorching sun. The downside of having a race which starts after 7:30am will be to endure the heat.


Passing through ECP

The return route was pretty unbearable for me because of the heat from the sun. I was't out to aim for a personal best this race because I treat this as a recovery run and some quality pak tor time with Derp :) Afterall, we hardly run together these days and it's usually me out pounding the pavements alone on normal days.

The timing that we gotten was kind of expected because I usually achieve this kind of timing under normal hot weather haha. #nopbnevermind

We were given a wet towel to wipe ourselves after we crossed the finishing line. There's a place for you to return to and it got us wondering do they recycle the towels? haha! And that's after we use it so it's kind of late to do anything.

It's the first time I was given a wet towel instead of a normal towel after the race. We collected our medals and water quite swiftly and took some photos before heading to take the free shuttle bus to City Hall MRT. 


His first race after 5 months. 


Yay to completing another race. 


A #welfie and we barely can open our eyes. 


Another #welfie 


Thanks to the passerby for helping us to take the photo 

We walked back to Marina Barrage to queue for the shuttle bus to City Hall. Yay to free shuttle service to save our trouble.


One more medal added to our collection 


The offical timing. 

I started the race 10 minutes after flag off. Many runners were caught up with the massive human jam so there was not a need for multiple flag offs. I heard that there were 4 to 5 flag off for the half marathon runners. We were quite lucky in the sense but to start a race at such a late timing only create disadvantage to the runners. 

Pictures that I've gotten from Running Shots



Thank you for the nicely taken photos :) 

p/s: My thigh muscles look kind of scary in the last photo.

Overall the 2XU Compression Run was a successful event despite the postpone of date and etc. There were still a large turn out and everything went on as usual. Kudos to them for pressing on to make the race happen. I won't mind joining 2XU compression run again if their race singlet continues to look as good :)

We are taking a short hiatus (or should I say I am since Derp don't have race for the rest of the year) from races this few months due to the wedding prep.

Till the next race then!

2 comments :

  1. Your thigh muscles look awesome! I'm also a runner, so I experience this, too.... I stumbled on your blog post about sunscreen, which I really liked. I noticed your blog has .hk! I'm currently in Hong Kong visiting family. How frequently do you run?

    Also, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment and thanks for dropping by! I run thrice a week. How about you? There's currently haze situation in Singapore so I've to minimize outdoor activities. Can't wait for the air to be back to normal again before hitting the pavements!

      Delete