Monday, December 26, 2016

Shape Run 2016

My annual date with Shape Run this year was a great one! It has been my mandatory races to join every year and never fail to disappoint me. 

Since they came up with the 15KM category last year,  I've been participating in that category since then. 

The queue at the racepack collection.


Many people as usual but the queue moves fast hence there's no long wait before finally collecting the race pack. 


Many goodies from the Shape Run's race pack as usual..

For me, Shape Run has been the earliest race I've to wake up to attend for the year. Flagged off time for the 15km was at 6am. Totally dreading but the only motivation was to beat the hot sun. 


Totally pitch dark before flagging off and my eyes could barely open then haha!

As expected, it was running in almost darkness for the first 45 mins of the race, 

My aim was to follow the 1 hour 50 mins pacer and not let the 2 hours pacer catch up with me in order to achieve a personal best for this race. 


Sun rise that morning was beautiful. 


The number 1 reason why I love joining race is not only about the great sense of accomplishment but also about being rewarded with scenery like such :)


Beautiful skies that day. 


Almost reaching the finishing line..

I was following closely the 1 hour 50 mins pacers but at the last 5km, I started to slow down and just run and walk at my own comfortable pace. 

When I passed by the finishing line, I knew I've achieved a new personal best :) Yay!


Bumped into this mascot (if i'm not wrong it's biotherm's mascot) and decide to take a pic with it then haha!


Bumped into hot mama YT who has just finished pacing the 10km race too. Always glad to bump into her at races/at our neighborhood park. 

With the hard earned medal.

15km was never easy because my limits is always at 10km. I could have just signed up for the 10km race but I've been pushing myself further since then hoping that 1 day I will be running in a HM once again. 


With Derp who drove me there to the event menu and waited in the car for me haha. It was a long wait indeed.


Yay to us completing the 15km! We have been signing up for the buddy deal since 3 years ago. 

Last but not least, some pictures from Running Shots..


And that's a blur version of me at the background haha..


One of my favourite race photo this year. Very nicely taken by Sotong from Running Shots :) He's one person that's hard to miss during races haha! 

Never regret joining Shape Run and definitely looking forward to joining it once again in the coming years. 

2 comments :


  1. Nice information.. Thanks for sharing this blog. see my website also
    Stylobe is India’s leading Fashion Rental Service. Stylobe is a one-stop platform to get amazing, unique and quality fashion at just a fraction of their Real Price... VIEW MORE:- Lehenga on Rent in Delhi

    ReplyDelete

  2. Nice information.. Thanks for sharing this blog. see my website also
    ONE STOP DESIGN SOLUTIONS is an integrated full service architectural and interior solutions company. OSDS has deep capabilities to conceptualize, execute and manage an interior project on turnkey basis- from conceptualization to execution VIEW MORE:- Best interior Designer in Dwarka

    ReplyDelete