Thursday, March 13, 2014

Venus Run 2014

It's my first ever Venus Run. This is my third time running in a all women race :) 

The race pack collection was held at City Square Mall. We were allowed to choose the time slot and date that we wished to collect our race pack. I've always think that such method is brilliant so as to prevent race pack collection to lasts an hour or so. 

It took me no longer than 10 minutes to collect the race pack. *thumbs up*




Me with the Love Bonito's recycle bag. I do think it's quite chio though. Gonna come in handy cause it's really big! *auntie mindset*


All the stuff inside the race pack.

The main highlight of the run was the newly launch x-bionic running gear. I'm quite surprised to know that the top and bottom originally costs like nearly 100? I went like wow! It sounds like some really powerful running gear, but till date I have not wear it for a run yet.


The top is alright for me but not the pants. Will be better if I've gotten the pants in a bigger size. Shall try wearing this top for a run soon because it's said to convert sweat to energy! I shall see..

The race was held on 8th of March 2014, International Women's Day. It was an evening run which starts at 5pm. I only came to realise on the week itself, there's no free shuttle bus to the venue, Marina Barrage. It's either I got to cab/walk from mrt station/take bus 400. 

That morning I went for my abt lessons, so it's a full day of exercise for me. #tireddieme It's like exericse in the morning for 1 hour, came home lunch, bathe and change into another sports attire and off I go for the 5km marathon. 

Karen was there early to queue for bus 400 and the queue was really long. And nope, the frequency of the bus didn't increase at all. That's the least that I hope for if they wanted us to take public transport. I wanted to chup in the queue but I do feel bad because many others were behind, the bus driver saw us too and ask us to go behind. In the end, 4 of us share a cab there since it's really near and we reached the starting point just before 5pm. 

At the starting point waiting for flag off. 

The sun was really glaring, I'm glad I brought my cap along and wore it. I didn't wear the X-Bionic tee but instead I wore something different so Derp can identify me easily :) 

He was really sick last week (even up till now he's still sick) but he took out 1 hour to accompany me for my run. Thanks love! If not I'll have no one to help me carry my stuff while I go for my run, I will need to head to the baggage deposit then. :S Anyway, it's just 5km run, he know I won't take that long to be back. The flag off was on time and there was only one wave.

The most challenging part of the race was to run up Marina Barrage. It wasn't my first time running that route, I've ran that route around 4 times. I've ran up Marina Barrage once last year, it was torturing enough. This time under the hot sun, it's even worse. Marina Barrage used to be such a romantic/relax place, after all this marathons, I took at it differently.

There was only 1 hydration point. It was right before that horrible slope. I would be glad if there's another water point after coming down from the slope.

The race was overall not bad. :) It was well organized at the very least.

With Karen after the race. :)

The unique medal which I don't think it's nice at all and my bib!

Some photos below..

Tired max face after running up the slope. Picture credit to Running Shots.

Picture credits to Kelvin. He took this back view of me and this was after the slope. LOL!


I manage to spot myself after quite sometime, it was really not clear but it does helps when you wear a different top from the others. This finisher pic captured by Running Shots too. 

A photostory before..


Never give up because no matter how slow you are, you will get to the finisher point in no time. 

No comments :

Post a Comment