Friday, December 06, 2013

Run Happy Singapore 2013, Snap for a good cause!

My last race of 2013 was Run happy 2013 organized by Brooks :) 

It was a simple 9km run and the slogan was save the last 1km to party! It's my 2nd time joining a night race, a totally different experience from running in the morning.

It may sounds shiok to run at night and that that you need not wake up early, drag your feet to the starting line and sweat a bucket during your run. But to me, a night run poses more challenges than a day run. :S. My vision at night is not that good because I'm wearing non astig contact lens when I've actually slight astig. Lights coming from a point will be a big piece of scattered lights when I looked at it. In short, I can't see that clearly when I'm at night and I feel really sleepy lol!  

The race pack collection were during the week of the run, kind of last minute. At the very least, everything went on smoothly. I got my race packs pretty fast. Nth to complain about and appreciate for that when everyone rush down after their work to get it.

The starting point of the race is at Marina Barrage. Honestly speaking, after so many years of dating with Derp, we have never been there together before. I've went there once for school project purposes and stayed there less than 10 minutes because our car was illegally parked lol. It's Derp's first time going there even though I kept telling him the structure is exactly the same as one of our university's faculty. 

There were shuttle bus provided for participants to ferry us from Marina Bay MRT Station to Marina Barrage.


Little things like these makes me appreciate the race more. Trust me, I've been to race whereby there's totally no signage or volunteers along the way to guide participants to the starting point. Or best still, the shuttle buses were not enough to cater to the everyone.

We reached there nearly 1 hour before the race and we went to deposit our bags. I'm glad that we went there early because we had some spare time to explore around the place before the race start. :)

My race companion :)


The sunset..

:)

While we were upstairs taking photos and exploring around, we actually spotted a couple doing their photoshoot there. I can't imagine how awkward can it get and she changed her gown in the middle of Marina Barrage. There's toilet at Marina Barrage but it's flooded with Run Happy's runners/

The finishing area..



We belonged to the first wave of runners who were flagged off first. We stood there for nearly 1/2 hour before the race start. There were warmups being conducted but there wasn't any space to do the warmup. Fitness instructor leading the warmup should have planned steps that require minimal shifting from left to right, just stay at your own spot will do.

Glow in the dark lightsticks given by the organizer. They even gave us a strobe to attach to any parts of our body. The strobe really played a part at some areas of the route which were totally pitch dark!

As we belonged to the first wave of the run, we didn't suffered from much congestion and ran the race pretty smoothly. There were sufficient water points and we ran through MBS while everyone is eating their dinner. Those dinners probably can't help but O.O at us. There's even a outdoor DBS movie screening going on and they are concentrating really hard to the movie even though they were pretty affected by our footsteps noise.
It was on a Saturday, so no doubt town area are really crowded. 

The last few hundred metre of the race was to run up the few hundred slope to 2nd level of Marina Barrage. The total race was more than 9km and my timing was a few mins off from my Great Eastern Run. Shorter distance this time round but I took a longer time. -_-". I can't help but to conclude I can run better in the morning than at night.

Upon completing the race, we were given aquarius and the medal.


Yea! Completed my last race of the year :) I made it!

There were pretty lots of stuffs at the finishing point, free flow of erdinger, buffet food, kiehl booth which allows runner to wash their face after the race and etc..I guess erdinger seems to be the highlight lol.

On way home that day, we saw this Snap for a good cause at Jurong Point! 


Time to take some photo for charity :) It's the thoughts that count! 



Some photos taken by the offical photographer..Credits to Run Happy Singapore.

I've becoming better at spotting camera but not Derp. lol. Most of the time I've to tell him there's a camera ahead and be prepared to smile!

Up the slope to the finishing point..


The medal which is I think is worth my time and effort to run for it :) The previous year was a king/queen crown if I'm not wrong. One of my better looking and quality medals I've received this year.

Though it's my last race of the year, that doesn't mean that I should be slacking. Time to gear up and get ready for a half marathon next year. I've never run that much a distance before but I take it as a challenge! Bring it on! :)

Looking forward to a year full of races!

1 comment :


  1. Nice information.. Thanks for sharing this blog. see my website also
    ONE STOP DESIGN SOLUTIONS is an integrated full service architectural and interior solutions company. OSDS has deep capabilities to conceptualize, execute and manage an interior project on turnkey basis- from conceptualization to execution VIEW MORE:- Best interior Designer in Dwarka

    ReplyDelete