Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Heartshape Diamond Ring

Not long ago, I was asking Derp what should I blog about, because I'm running out of topics. He told me that I haven't blog about my ring yet! Initally, I don't have the intention to, because I don't think there's much thing to blog about the ring. I mean seriously, I'm not a diamond ring expert or what. I'm in no position to write much, but anyway it's good to share the knowledge and leave some advice to potential ladies who are going through this phase soon. :)

Since many years back, I've been telling Derp I want a heart shape diamond ring. I've no idea why too, I've all along preferred a heart shape diamond over a normal round/square shape. I was going for something more unique and a really me type of ring :) 

I've been spending some time trying to find out, which jeweler in Singapore sells heart shape diamond ring. 
It doesn't seems so common though. 

I came across Vivo Diamonds and Jann Paul . Both of which are private jewelers hence you can get really affordable rings from them and yet customize to your liking. Vivo diamonds have heart shape diamonds and you can customize the ring setting to have pink diamonds, which I kind of went gaga over it but I changed my mind as time goes by. I will elaborate more on that part later. 

However, choosing a heart shape ring is not easy! You would not want to end up having a pointed heart shape ring right? It's ugly max, no offence! :) I've really seen it before and tried it on. It's a big nono because I want a fat round heart shape diamond, not those pointed skinny heart shape! It's not as easy as choosing the classic round shape. 

That's what I meant by pointed heart shape. No offence, but it's not the type of ring that I would want. Too pointy! 

Anyway, the biggest problem with private jewelers is, you won't be able to see the final product. Totally no sense of security can? lol! I mean, I won't be able to visualize how it will look like on my hand. It may look pretty but then looks weird on your hand. Or the ring probably don't suit your finger. In short, I'm paranoid because this is the first time Derp spends such a big sum on me haha! 

Going to private jeweler might be a beter way out to get customize or value for money ring but we ended up going to Love & Co to get our ring. I manage to fit into one that suits me. :)FYI, I took less than 1 hour to choose my ring, Probably 1/2 hour or so!

Love & Co LVCprecieux is the name of their collection of heart shape diamond rings. Their website didn't write much. After some research, I couldn't really find the price range of their rings. So I reckoned, we would have to make a trip down one day. And who would have known my ring was decided just like that.

The sales personnel ushered us to the diamond ring area. She did ask me what type am I looking for, and I told her heart shape. So she bring out all her heart shape ring she have at that moment, probably around 5-6 in her whole shop! There really isn't much heart shape diamond ring at that point of time. They don't bring in that much too. 

I'm glad I manage to choose something nice out from there if not I would have to go back again. Because the ring's setting and the heart shape diamond was what I'm looking for, simply perfect and the price was below Derp's budget. If the setting wasn't what I'm looking for, more money would have to be spent in order to top up to change it. If we didn't get it that day, it might just be sold the next day and I probably won't see the same ring again. 

Out of curiosity, I did give the normal round shape solitaire a chance by trying them on. Sad to say, Derp and I concluded it doesn't suits me. 

Btw, some info to share, most of the heart shape diamonds are not small in the first place. They do have 0.2/0.3 as the smallest, but trust me, they don't look much different from round shape diamond. 

If you want your diamond to be prominent, don't choose those with small diamond settings. Go for something simple and thin. It will totally bring out the whole solitaire. A 0.5 carat will look like at least 0.7 carat. 

For my heart shape, it's really tricky. If I were to go for side diamonds, I would need a even bigger heart shape diamond in the middle(at least 0.7). If not my heart shape would be camouflaged in between those side diamonds and look totally weird and awful. I did try something like that when I was there, a 0.4 will look like 0.3. #emoshit #cantfindwheretheheartshapeis 

It actually look like this,but the one I tried on was much more awful. lol! This is considered pretty but I'm not finding something so bling. I'm going for the bling on my wedding band instead of engagement ring. I've got the intention to wear both together so they must compliment each other, and not stealing attention from each other! :) 

Having said so much, presenting to you once again my ring..


Honestly speaking, I don't give a shit about the 4Cs. As long it's not yellowish type of diamond, I'm perfectly fine. I really don't think one can tell what grade of diamond you are wearing, unless they are some expert can? The one I fall in love with and fits me well, so fated it has a average 4Cs. I'm contented.

If you ask me, I also don't know exactly la! I can't be going around telling people "eh mine is D grade, what's yours?" -_-" Or "eh mine is flawless cut, yours leh?" *roll eyes*

As for size wise, it all depends on your fingers. You can't probably ask a girl with finger size of 1 or 2 to be wearing a 1 carat. That's quite scary! At the end of the day, I chose my ring base on this theory "wear liao chio can liao". That's how simple.

Happy choosing your ring if you are going to choose in time to come! :)

Ending with a closeup photo of the ring...



17 comments :

  1. Anonymous4:25 AM

    Hi, can I know how much is yours? Is it a 0.5c?
    Jocasta.sharon@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bespoke wedding rings in Singapore and Custom made blue sapphire engagement rings in Singapore at very cheapest price. Les Precieux will give you best fashionable Custom made ruby engagement ring in Singapore.
    Customized wedding bands in singapore

    ReplyDelete
  3. The information that you provided was thorough and helpful. I will have to share your article with others.
    Engagement Ring Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best deal of diamond engagement rings, diamond engagement rings singapore, at affordable prices from authorized diamond jewelers singapore lesprecieux.com.
    Engagement Rings Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi jing, I liked the way you have written, beautiful attached images on the blog.
    Keep posting like this to mesmerize reader who'd fond of wearing diamonds as a fashioner or general shoppers. We are Pohkong, gold wholesalers located in Malaysia, come forward to explore our diamond gallery- diamond ring

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx, this is very Informational Post to Read now I am Waiting for your next post! open heart ring

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this site, this is very informative article!! Please Visit:

    Heart Engagement Rings
    marquise cut diamond
    Pear Loose Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michael Trio is a Singapore-based custom jewellery brand that launched its online store.Wedding Ring.
    I have read your blog post on. Thank you very much for sharing this awesome post. I will visit again to read more post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate your effort to write this great blog.I think this blog provides informative information . Wedding Rings Thanks for sharing such a nice blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible data. Fortunate me I kept running over your site by chance Best Proposal Ring. I've book-stamped it for some other time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you want your diamond to be prominent, don't choose those with small diamond settings. Go for something simple and thin. It will totally bring out the whole solitaire. A 0.5 carat will look like at least 0.7 carat. wedding ring

    ReplyDelete
  12. A big moment, with so many ways to start. Whether choosing the ring on your own or together, your engagement design involves consideration of several factors, and we’re here to break them down with you. You just have to visit our site and we will help you on choosing your engagement ring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anthony Constantinou | Anthony Constantinou CEO CWM FX says Truly without the elegance of heart shaped diamond ring an engagement proposal will never be complete. Diamond selling experts says engagement rings come in various designs, however most of the people only look for heart shape diamond ring that symbolize the love with eternal beauty. This is definitely the sweetest and most beautiful gift for your beloved one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That’s some useful information on an engagement ring. I worked with South Shore Diamond, a one-stop shop for custom online engagement rings. They perfectly sketch out a design from your inspiration and then provide digital renderings of the ring before purchasing it.
    https://www.southshorediamond.com/
    Diamond engagement rings in Pembroke

    ReplyDelete
  15. I recently stumbled upon the mesmerizing world of Silicone Fondant Mould and allow me tell you, they're a entire sport-changer! the elasticity and brilliant styles they offer lead them to an fundamental addition to any baker's arsenal. Be it crafting cupcakes or constructing a lavish tiered wedding cake, those moulds gift boundless possibilities for unleashing your creativity. what is greater, they boast outstanding sturdiness, allowing you to make use of them time and again barring any issues. if you are dedicated to elevating your cake redecorating abilities, silicone fondant moulds are an absolute necessity.

    ReplyDelete