Sunday, October 02, 2016

Sundown Marathon 2016

Back to running Sundown after a year hiatus. I skipped running Sundown last year simply because I missed the chance to register for it and was only left with the non-early bird rates. 

To be honest, I missed the early bird rates for Sundown 2016 once again so I sort of give up the thought of running Sundown 2016.

However, I chanced upon a discount code for this race so I decide to go for it once again. Sundown 2014 was my first time running a half marathon. It was a memorable race and I'll probably not forget for the rest of my life. Been there and done that so I decide to just stick to the usual 10km race category this time round :)

Race pack expo was held at Suntec and everything was a breeze.


No queue despite going there on a Saturday.


As long as you have the courage to start, anything is possible.




What's in the race pack. 


Needless to say, it's all things pink for sundown 2016 :) 

On race day, we took a train down to the race site as the race only starts at 10pm. Saw many fellow runners while on the way there :)


Pre-race mandatory shot.. 

It was mad crowded at the start pen even though I didn't see many runners at the race pack collection.


Far from the starting line even though we were early for the race.. 


We watched this digital laser display many times as we were in the 5th wave if I didn't remember correctly. 

It will repeat itself and countdown to the next flag off. 





Finally closer to the starting line after around 30 mins past the flag off time. Even the emcees sound tired from flaging us off.

The whole 10km route was very congested, I don't remember if there's any part of the route which allow me to run at my own pace. The worse part has got to be at Garden by the Bay. I clearly remember 2 years ago when I ran the half marathon, it wasn't that bad as compared to this year Sundown.


Finally the hour plus of 'torture' has ended and we can head home to catch up on our sleep..



Sundown 2017? I guess I will think thrice before signing up once again. For 2017, it's 1 week after 2XU race, I'll definitely prefer joining 2XU then (nicer looking race singlet/tee) and a morning race is still better than a night race. At the very least I need not fight with the Zzz monster. lol. 

Probably no more Sundown for me in the near future because both times I join, both times were quite disappointing. 

Till the next race review :)

No comments :

Post a Comment