Thursday, May 08, 2014

RUN 350 2014: For a Better Tomorrow

I felt as though my Venus Run was just not long ago and I was actually quite glad that the next marathon which is RUN 350 won't come so fast because it's more than 1 month break. But time flies! 

I almost forgot about the racepack collection till I received the reminder to collect the racepack. Oh well, a reminder to hit the track again and to get ready for my first half marathon happening at Sundown. 

The racepack collection was a breeze. It was well organized and I got the race pack pretty fast. Glad that I've direct bus from my workplace to the racepack collection venue so that I can avoid the peak period crowd. 


On race day itself, it started raining the moment I woke up. I dragged my feet to the bathroom to washup and prepare despite sleeping for 3 hours ++. 

One of the race rule is, unless the organisation has offically say the race has cancelled, it won't be cancelled even though it's raining on the when you're way there. No matter what, also have to drag ourselves to the race venue..

We took the first train. The first train came later than expected and it was damn crowded. 


It started pouring at the race site and I was constantly looking for updates from the offical facebook page. The 21km race was cancelled in the end. By the time we reached, the rain has stopped. The 21km participants are allowed to join in the 10km race.  

The flag off time was delayed for 15 minutes or so. When we reached the race site, the 10km race has already flag off. But seeing so many people still queuing up for bag deposit, we heave a sigh of relief and join in the queue for bag deposit then. The only good thing about starting the race late is, there's no bottlenecks for the first 2-3km at least. The starting point was at F1 pit building, exactly same place as GE run. I've come to know sundown starting point is at there also. 


The amount of people queuing for bag deposit..


In our caps and ready to go..

The first 30 minutes of the run was a breeze. We met Captain Planet while going up Nicoll Highway. He was making quite a lot of noise especially with the tyre that he's pulling, it's hard not to notice him haha! My utmost respect for him because I can imagine how hot he must have felt in that suit. 


It's been a overall not bad 10km. Just that there are at least 3 slopes and I find myself walking through it rather than running up because it's gonna waste a lot of my energy. 

We finished the race in 1 hour 19 mins. Our personal best for 2014. It's 2 minutes away from my pb in 2013. Oh well, shall see how we fare again for the other races in 2nd half of the year. 

We took way much longer time for our 1st 10km in 2014, at least we improved. Haha or should I say at least I've improved because Derp have no problem running 10km at all. -_-". I'm the one that's slowing him down.


The best time to drink 100 plus is after a race. Shiok TTM! 


With Karen and Kelvin who didn't run their 21km but joined in the 10km instead. :)


With my life time race partner. Thank you for always encouraging me! In the past I couldn't even chase a bus or even if I do so, I will be totally breathless by then and I can niam for quite sometime.  Now, we are always running for bus together and you probably never hear me complain anymore hahaha! 

Some other pictures credits to #runningshots..


Towards the finishing line..




Our first race as Mr and Mrs! Defintely looking forward to more races with you..

No comments :

Post a Comment