Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Marina Run 2014

I just completed my first run of the 2014 last weekend! I can totally feel my engine has rust and I'm trying to get it back on track. -_-". The fitness level has gone with all the festive seasons. Oh well, a new year, time to get the engine starting because there's much more race ahead this year :) 

A week before the run was the race pack collection, the queue for the race pack collection was horribly long because there's only 4 counters. 

Honestly speaking, I've never been to a race pack collection with just 4 counters. The queue was moving real slow until I can't take it and went to get coffee for Derp and myself. That was a few days before my teeth whitening, so I'm enjoying coffee while I can! haha! 

My 10km race was scheduled to start at 5:30pm. My phone went crazy and I can't unlock it at all. So no pictures at the start but somehow it went back to normal after that so pictures were all taken after the race.

We wasn't early enough to join in the queue, so we were pretty far behind. But there was only 1 wave so not so bad la. At least they don't make us keep waiting and waiting. There was around 3000 runners for the 10km run. The congestion wasn't that bad for the first 5km, it only got worse after it loop back to tanjong ruh area. The roads wasn't not even, some of the time we had to run on grass and it was narrow.

At that point, I was too shag out to care whether people is blocking my way or not. I will just keep on moving be it walk/jog. I just need to complete it. 

The wind was a plus point because we were running against the wind most of the time. So it's extremely tiring can? At those times, I will just stop and walk till the wind stops, before I continue lol! 

There were 2 misleading 9km markers(probably 1 for the 21km runner and 1 for the 10km runner, you got to look at it really carefully, if not you will think your last 1km never comes), and at the end of the day, many runners said that the race route was more than 10km, it was 10.4/10.6/10.8 km! I've been telling Derp, it's really longer than 10km, but it do sounds like excuses for myself to stop and walk lol!
Alright pictures time! 


The queue for collecting the bags were extremely long too. This race is all about queuing, from queuing of  collection of race pack to queuing for collection of bags. 

I'm thankful for the welfare at the finisher's tent, there were bananas/apples and drinks. But it's a little sad that there wasn't can drinks, the drinks were all poured in a small cup. Both of us gobbled down a few fruits while waiting to collect our bags, we were totally famished by then. 


:) 


Derp was peeling the sticker off the apple haha! 

Me and my tired out face. 


First race of the year, and our last race as Mr and Miss. 

I'm praying my next race, which is a all female race to be more smooth in the end. I don't really expect myself to do well or what, I hope at the very least there's lesser congestion.

I better start praying hard for my Sundown. I've zero confidence at all, and best part it starts at 12:30am. It's a mental challenge with the sleep god and my body! Fighting!  

No comments :

Post a Comment