Tuesday, May 14, 2013

2013 - Nike She Runs (Singapore)


May 11th, the day I've been waiting for cause it's my first marathon! Though I didn't pin much high hopes cause I don't really know what to expect, but I felt disappointed about this marathon. I'll talk about it as I goes on...

What's inside the race pack as seen below: 


Nike water bottle, Nike run unleashed race tee to be worn on the actual day, some Nike vouchers, race guide, d-tag and finisher tee tag.

Btw, the race pack was only available for collection one week before the actual race day. Karen and I went down after work on a Friday. The queue was super long but it got worse and some were told to come back the next day because the race pack collection is only till 7pm. We queued for nearly 45 minutes for our race pack. 

I actually thought that the number printed on the runner's tee is related to our registration number, but I came to find out it's not haha! It's just a random number printed on it though the number is unique, one of a kind. Karen and I was wondering what if the person can't fit then got to reprint? lol. But chey, the number is just a random number generated. No matter what, this tee is much nicer than the finisher tee! 

On the actual race day, Derp went with me to give me support since it's my first ever race :) He help to carry my stuff too so that I no need to queue up for baggage deposit. Queuing to get back your bag will be a bitch. 

 We reached there around 5:30pm or so. The walk from stadium mrt took us around 15 minutes.  Actually there's shuttle bus from stadium mrt but it was only for runners. Oh well, we strolled there then.

Took some photos before I walk into the start pen and leaving derp to roam around. I think he's @.@ after seeing the 8000 female crowd especially when everyone was wearing the same t-shirt. lol.



With my No.1 Supporter :):)



Can see singapore flyer behind? :)

Okay last shot before I really go and queue for the run. 

Some photos I took while waiting for flag off...



The view is nice but it has also caused a lot of girls cam whoring like mad before the race start or during the race which thus blocking the other runners.

The flag off time was being delayed and there's more than 1 flag offs when it's said to have 2 flag offs. I only get to the starting point after 15-20 minutes from the first flag off. Most people were walking before the flag off and once they cross the starting point, it was a slow jog for the first 1++km. 

The roads were really narrow especially at the bridge to marina barrage. The massive huge no. of people turning up at the race causes everyone to run really slowly and easily knocked into each other without knowing it. 

As the saying goes "if your head is not so big, then don't wear such a big hat!"

The whole race would be better if the path is wider or if it's 5000 people instead of 8000. Obviously, the running route could not hold so much people! It's a massive human jam. 

The feeling of completing the race is shiok but to get out of the whole place asap is even more shiok. Sad to say, the path to the get my finisher tee and 100 plus from the finishing line took me another 10 minutes to reach. -_-".

A shot with Karen.

Thanks to the squeezy-ness and narrow road, she fell down around the u-turn point. Poor girl and I hope her wound would faster recover! 


With Derp after the run. 

Thanks for waiting for me for quite sometime though you know I don't really run that fast and you just want me to enjoy it haha! Derp told me to bounce all the way to and fro and treat it as a fun run. He was actually worried that We can't find each other after I'm done but its super easy for me to locate him than the other way round :)

Btw, I've never felt 100 plus was so nice. lol. I didn't took any water break hence the thirst.

At the last few hundred metres or so, I walked a little to grasp for some air. There's these 2 malay girls who run pass and pat me on my back and tell me "you can go it!" Seriously, I felt like I've met some angels. Of cause with their encouraging words, I go for it :)

My kneel caps hurt like a bitch the next day, but I went ahead to the chickisslove blogshops event at expo. Opps! I'll blog more about that really soon. Stay tuned!

I'm looking forward to my Jurong Lake Run in July and I really pray that it will be a much organized and enjoyable run.

The safari looking finisher tee.


I almost want to wear this out for mother's day dinner but I'm glad I didn't because I saw someone wearing it. I'm seriously quite disappointed with the finisher tee though. If there's another She Runs next year, I hope it will be a better one! 

Gotten my timing last night and created this digital memento for fun. :)


1 comment :


  1. Nice information.. Thanks for sharing this blog. see my website also
    Stylobe is India’s leading Fashion Rental Service. Stylobe is a one-stop platform to get amazing, unique and quality fashion at just a fraction of their Real Price... VIEW MORE:- Lehenga on Rent in Delhi

    ReplyDelete