Sunday, September 14, 2014

Brunch @ Lola's Cafe

I finally met up with Highness aka Kris after more than 1/2 a year! The last time I met her for brunch was the day before I collect my keys for my new house. We went to Strangers' Reunion back then.

We were too busy with our life. I'm glad that we finally squeeze time out for each other and do some catching up. She's just back from Korea so there's definitely lots to talk about! 

She's my best brunch kaki and we love to explore new cafes together :) Now that I've shifted to the same neighbourhood as her, we start to explore cafes located in north-east/east area! It used to be so far for me hence we only explore cafes near the central area. 

This time round we met up at Kovan and head to the popular Lola's Cafe. Kris tried their dinner once before hence it's also her first time having brunch at Lola's Cafe. I've long heard about this cafe but couldn't find a time to try it yet. 

Lola's cafe is located at a walking distance from Kovan MRT and there are other nice cafes/food around that area. Kris told me the famous Punggol nasi lemak is just next to it too. 

None of us check out the opening hour of Lola's Cafe, hence when we reached, there was already a long queue outside the cafe. They open at 10am and we reached at 10.30, there were around 12-13 people in the queue. 

They have a machine for you to take your queue number and also leave down your hp number, so when there's a table for you, they will sms you. We didn't walk away as there's nothing nearby for us to shop too, so we simply stand there and wait for seats to be available. 

At around 11:15am, we finally got our table. #likefinally




The food menu


The beverages and desserts menu.

Their food price are all in nett, No gst charge for their food so it definitely attracts more people to dine in there. I do hope they keep up with the 'no gst' policy :) 


Love the interior of the cafe too which creates a pretty cosy ambience.



I ordered the Cappuccino. A much needed weekend coffee fix :) 



My brunch that day, Cappuccino and Breakfast Butter Croissant :) 


Kris ordered the Lola's Full Monty Breakfast which looks pretty awesome too.




The Croissant is really big and I can't finish it by myself. It costs $13, value for money and it tastes pretty not bad :) Recommended for the hungry ones out there as it will really make one feels very full after eating it. 


Our side dish - Truffle fries! 

What's brunch without truffle fries isn't it? :) However, it must be consumed asap because once it gets cold, it doesn't taste as good anymore. And instead, the fries will turn really hard and also cold. 


Us with the food! 


Alright another #welfie which we took with Kris's wide lens for her iphone.


We spend a total of around 20 per person. I will say it's pretty worth it because both of us felt damn full that day. I did not eat anything till it's dinner time. I will go back again to maybe try their dinner with Derp? :)

Kris came over to my new place after the brunch to take a look. After the house tour, we chill around and watch tv before we finally get moving hahah! I bring her to Sengkang Riverside Park to take a look since she has not been there yet. 

Before heading to Seng Kang Riverside Park, we explore the facilities below my block and never did I know there's such a beautiful pavilion around which makes a pretty #ootd backdrop. Kris help me to take my OOTD shot :) 




Close up of the Fairebelle's Sunday Floral Romper. Reviews are up here :)
                  
I'm attracted to floral prints on a white base lately! I haven't really got sick of it yet hehe.


The gifts from her trip to Korea.I love the Rilakkuma socks a lot to the extend I can't bear to wear it for my regular runs haha! Perhaps soon but it's too cute hence I'm contemplating to use it anot. 

I'm looking forward to the next brunch meetup with her :) Yay to visiting more cafes!   

No comments :

Post a Comment