Monday, November 11, 2013

02/11/2013 - Bangkok Day 1 - Singapore -> Bangkok -> Wonton Mee -> Inter Restaurant @ Siam -> Ookii Ookii Village -> Krispy Kreme

I decide to be hardworking and start blogging about my Bangkok trip! I shall not procrastinate any further and start sharing all the nice places I've come across in Bangkok this time :) 

While planning the itinerary, I've come to realized there's some information that I got online aren't that detailed enough. So, I'll try to give a detailed map/instruction to the places I went just incase you have the intention to head there as well. You'll find these few BKK entries really useful :) I promise.


My airport #OOTD taken by my dearest fiancé, He's doing a good job nowadays lol. 

My top is from Hollyhoque, gotten it during their sales, I've had the exact one in the maroon color too! Can't decide which to cart out because both are super pretty, hence I got both! 

We took Tiger Airline this time roumd, it's our first time because previously we took Jetstar. The departure terminal was terminal 2. We had breakfast at Cedele before boarding the plane.


We ordered the croissants, but seriously it's super oily! Probably the most oily crossiants we've ever eat in our life. 

Waiting for departure on plane. 

There weren't any delay in departure time and everything went on smoothly. We reached bangkok at their local time 10am. Bangkok is 1 hour behind Singapore. We got through their custom pretty quickly and waited for our luggage. 

The previous time, we reached around their local time 12pm, it was pretty crowded. Hence, we learned our lesson and decided to take the earlier flight there to prevent the human jam of tourists. Normally hotel only allow check in at 2pm, so it's a norm tourists choose to reach there around noon time. 

We got our data sim card, hop on to a cab to our hotel, Baiyoke Sky Hotel

As we were too early to check in the hotel, we deposited our luggage at the hotel concierge and off we go to start our day in BKK! 

We had our first meal at the famous wonton mee which was highly rated online. We managed to locate it pretty quickly as it was near to our hotel. There were many Singaporeans there when we reached. Basically, more than 90% of the place was filled with Singaporeans.Seems like a popular choice uh? 

The staffs were pretty well trained in Chinese, so you can just tell them you want "char siew mee" and they understand. We ordered 2 dried charsiew noodle. 


The chilli was highly rated online too, many said the chilli was good and to add as much as we want because it will be shiok! 

Here comes our noodles! 


The portion was small to begin with, I was being warned before. It costs around $2 sgd per bowl. I added lots of chilli but Derp added even more. I can tell Derp really enjoyed the chilli alot. 

I didn't really wait long for a seat, the staffs were really proactive in helping us to get a seat. If there were a long queue, I would probably give it a miss. I went there on the last day and also manage to get a seat promptly. The turnover rate there is quite high, so one can just go there to try the highly rated wonton mee at least once if you're curious why is it so.

I won't say I really love it but it's pretty not bad. It serves as a great small bite if you are hungry after shopping around that area. :) 

The map is as below, the street boxed up in Red is Soi Petchburi 19(That's where the wonton mee is), just next to Shibuya 19 Shopping Mall. For easy location purpose, I've boxed up the famous Platinum Mall in black. 

Address: 4/32-33 Soi Petchburi 19, Pratunam, Bangkok


We walked down to Amari Watergate Hotel to tailor made Derp's suit and formal wear.  


We spent probably around an hour there or so to choose the color, material and etc. Not forgetting the taking of measurements took quite awhile too. We were asked to go back on Monday for the 2nd fitting as they don't opened on Sunday. I took pictures of him at the 2nd fitting because it's pretty funny lolol.! I'll post it up when I blog about that day.


A picture of Platinum Mall and nope, we did not go there on the first day. 

We walked to Central World to get some narays bags as gifts or help friends to buy. Trust me, we cut down a lot on what we buy this time lol. It eventually become a eating trip, I'm glad my weight maintain after I come back Singapore.很久没有吃这么多了!

We walked to Chit Lom BTS station to take a train to Siam. It's actually only 1 station away but we rather take the train lol. It costs us less than 20 cents sgd per person for the ride.


Once we reached Siam, we got to navigate ourselves to Inter Restaurant for our early dinner. It's a walkable distance from Siam station and it's our first time walking to Siam Square. The last time we only went to Siam Paragon. 


The food at Inter Restaurant was really affordable. They serves authentic thai food like our local tze char food. The service was good too. :)




We ordered this tom yum goong soup. It's more than enough for 2 person and they have lots of ingredients inside! :) This bowl costs us $6 sgd if I never remember wrongly. #gowherefindsocheaptomyumsoup 

The tom yum soup tastes like those in thai express, the spicyness can match up with it. Derp was perspiring like mad after drinking quite a amount of it. #spicyalsomusttahan


Another dish which was highly recommended online, stir fried pork with garlic and rice. The pork is cripsy on the outside, soft on the inside. Yummy! 


Stir Fried Morning Glory which is also known as kang kong in our local terms.

With all the yummy food! 


The meal costs us not more than $20 sgd! totally worth it. I will definitely go back there for dinner when I go back bkk again.

Inter Restaurant 
432/1-2 Siam Square 9, 10330, Thailand ‎
+66 2 251 4689 ‎

 Direction to Inter Restaurant:

1) Get down on the left of the BTS station, do not get down in the direction towards Siam Paragon.
2) Walk down (not towards the construction site) and you can see this shopping mall entrance.
3) Cut through the shopping mall called Zen and once you get out, turn left till 2 junction later and turn in, you will see Inter Restaurant


After our dinner, we walked back to Siam Paragon.

I was hunting for Ookii Ookii Village and totally have no idea where is it. I only know its Siam Paragon 3rd floor. When we reached 3rd floor via the escalator, it's on the left side. Ookii Ookii Village is actually located inside the department store level which sells all the kids toys!

The small area contains all the san-x Rilakkuma stuffs! *happy*

Actually, you can just take photos all you want with the Rilakkuma there. Nobody's gonna stop you lol.



:)


There's this huge gigantic Rilakkuma sitting there. It's not for sale and I'm trying to adjust him but failed badly. It's too heavy! 

:) 

Derp and the big Rilakkuma! hehe.


For all Rilakkuma lovers, do remember to head there when you are in Bangkok! You'll love it! 

And before heading back to the hotel, we went down to the ground level of Siam Paragon to find Krispy Kreme. I've been wondering what's the fuss over this donuts because I've hear people queueing up hours for these donuts in Singapore. O.O 

It's located at 1 corner at the ground floor of Siam Paragon. You can spot it quite easily.





These shows that there's really not much queue and I got the chance to slowly take photo.

Anyway, we bought 6 of them and it costs us like $8 sgd! I've heard that in SG, the cheapest original flavored donuts start from $2.30? 




We chose the honey glaze donut(original), cookies and cream cheese, and the other 2 I can't really remember because Derp chose it. We bought it back for supper! 

After trying it, we reckon it's not worth to queue hours for it in Singapore. Or should I say, it's not even worth to buy it in Singapore! It's cripsy on the outside, soft on the inside. It doesn't feels that oily as compare to the traditional type of donuts but you know, it's sinful enough. :)

Ending my BKK day 1 entry with our loots..


Only the slippers and pink pullover are mine, those naraya bags are gifts and the Fred perry and blue slippers are Derp's.

We have repented and know what to buy and what not to buy lol! I'll be back with Bkk 2 soon, stay tuned!

Do check out my other BKK2013 Entries Here:
Bkk2013 Day 1
BKK 2013 Day 3 Part 1
BKK 2013 Day 3 Part 2
BKK 2013 Day 4

For any enquiries please mail to jing_xian88@hotmail.com.

4 comments :

  1. oh your post is really helpful! thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that it helps you and thanks for reading! :) Have fun in BKK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:14 PM

    Would like to thank you for the map and the mark-ups. Very thoughtful and I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete