Sunday, June 16, 2013

Taiwan Trip Day 2 Part 1 - 01/06/2013 (九份 JiuFen - 十份 ShiFen)

Continuing my Taiwan Trip post..

I separated the Day 2 into Part 1 and 2 because there's too many photos and many places to be covered.  

It's time to leave our Amain boutique motel  after 1 night stay and head to other places. I change hotel every day so basically I stay in a total of 7 hotels.

SAM_0348
Our #OOTD of the day :)

SAM_0350
Went to the breakfast area at Amain Boutique Motel.

SAM_0351

SAM_0352

SAM_0354
Derp preparing his cereal. Cereal is his must-eat for breakfast whenever We go on holiday because it's just too troublesome to prepare it at home.

SAM_0355
I had porridge that day with some veggies. I love to eat porridge in this way, not the canton style but teochew style haha! 

SAM_0358
The cute salt and pepper sprinkler. Is there such a word 'sprinkler'? okay maybe I made it up myself.

SAM_0359

SAM_0360
nom nom nom..

SAM_0362
Man Tou! 

Spotted their vending machines at the motel lobby. There's no food being sold around the motel, quite a secluded area hence the vending machines selling cup noodles and drinks is essential! 

SAM_0364


SAM_0365

SAM_0368
Goodbye Amain Boutique Motel. We had a great stay :)

Our next stop, 九份 Jiu Fen. 

Our tour bus are not allow to travel up due to over congestion so there's this common spot whereby tourists take the shuttle bus up. 

SAM_0372
On the way up the mountain. 

九份 Jiu Fen basically sell nice food and also souvenirs :)

SAM_0381

SAM_0384
Cheesecakes!

SAM_0386

SAM_0387
Taiwan Ocarina - A type of musical instrument.

SAM_0388
Selling raw meat/organs in the middle of  九份老街.

The wrap peanut and ice cream below is a MUST EAT! 

SAM_0390

SAM_0393

SAM_0394
yummy to the max! 

Derp and I share it, regretted not getting 1 more but seriously, we are saving our stomach for some other food that is famous in 九份.

There's 1 more stall selling this also. Quite a lot of tourists queue for it so it's a MUST TRY. It's recommended by my tour guide but he did not try it before lol. He said it's a young people thingy. But I think  it's not too sweet, just nice for everyone :)

SAM_0396
Many sky lanterns souvenir for sale. But I did not get it here. I went to 十份 to get it :)

九份 is also famous for their taro and yam balls. 

I heard that there's this ah ma shop selling it but We can't seem to locate it. Probably miss it but We ended up at one seems-not-that-bad shop selling the same thing.

SAM_0398
The shop is really big and it has 3 levels. Most seats on top :)

SAM_0400

We had it in red bean soup base. Though the weather is freakingly hot, we have it with hot red bean soup.

We should have ordered the cold version of it which is with ice, but I was thinking of trying their red bean soup lol. Come to think of it, it's quite shiok to have it during the winter days. :)

SAM_0402

SAM_0406
We sat at the top level of the shop and there's pretty good view while you're enjoying your taro yam ball.

SAM_0408
Escargot. Derp and I dare not try it though it looks good.

SAM_0412
Grill Mushrooms. Ain't the mushrooms huge??

SAM_0414
We bought a small cup of it. It taste super chewy, but the taste so-so. Nth special.

SAM_0416
The shuttle bus that fetches tourists up here and go down.

SAM_0418
Paranomal View of 九份.

We went to 十份 Shifen after 九份. Time to 放天灯!

SAM_0421

SAM_0422
Less than 5 sgd for 1 sky lantern :)

SAM_0423
They provide chinese words template to write on the sky lantern. Basically, just copy and paste the strokes onto the sky lantern.

SAM_0425

SAM_0427
And yup, when the train comes, everyone got to siam from the train track

SAM_0428

Thats what We wrote on 1 side of the sky lantern. We shared the sky lantern with andrea and carl, another young couple of the tour :) So We get 2 sides each to write. Seriously, if both of us were to write 4 sides, I've no idea what to write lor, and probably We'll start doodling on it. 

SAM_0429
No idea who drew it, but it's damn pro. lol.

SAM_0432
Ready to release the sky lantern :)

SAM_0435

SAM_0436
And off it goes.

I was really excited for this because of "you're the apple of my eye" movie. But it was hot and not really romantic overall, I just want to faster release the sky lantern and go get the souvenirs for colleagues and friends :)

Saw this street vendor selling sausage. Looks really good so We tried it. Indeed taste yummy! :)

SAM_0437

SAM_0440

Derp bought this gassy drink with marble inside. Derp saw it in SG before but I didn't. Anyway, it's really thirst quenching under the hot sun.

SAM_0444

SAM_0443
Us at 十份 :)

We got this name chops with our zodiac on it in 九份 as souvenir for ourselves.

SAM_1303

SAM_1304
Our chinese names.

SAM_1308
:).

I'll be back with part 2 of Taiwan Day 2 soon, will be covering Tai Pei 101 and Feng Jia night market :)

Read my other post on Taiwan Trip here:

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous4:06 PM

    ... why cereal hard to prepare at home?
    lol you make your own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello! of cause I don't make it myself. That's because I don't have my own kitchen at that point of time and I find it troublesome to bring the milk and cereal to work(my workplace don't have a place to store freshmilk). Moreover, my journey to work is 1.5 hours. Read my latest entry my dear, I make cereal every tuesday for dinner nowadays because I finally have my own kitchen/fridge :)

      Delete