Monday, October 26, 2015

Brunch @ Carol Mel Cafe

Yet to another cafe for brunch with Derp but this time round, it's at a all new place which I've never explored before. 

Derp and I were around that area to run errands and we gladly popped by The Commerce @ Irving as I've google beforehand there's various cafes at that area. 

In the first place, I didn't even know there's hipster cafes located there because it seems that there isn't much people hanging around that area. However, I'm totally wrong. On weekdays, they attract the working adults lunch crowd and on weekends, the cafes located there were filled with people who came all the way down for brunch. 

Our initial plan was to visit 23 Jumpin but it was full house. We were famished so we didn't wait for seats. We went to another cafe few doors down, Carol Mel Cafe. It wasn't as crowded hence we decide to dine in there. 


The mains menu. 


The drinks menu


The brunch and snack menu. 


This has got to be the most cosy cafe I've ever been to.


As I need to have my daily coffee fix, I decide to go with the brunch menu and ordered coffee to go with. I had the Bagel with Sausage and Scramble Egg.


Bagel with Sausage and Scramble Egg - $9 

They ran out of bagel and sausage so they replace it with another type of bread and ham. To be honest, it was very filling and I couldn't finish it (even though the portion doesn't seems huge). A yummy and filling brunch even though some of the ingredients were out of stock. 


Homemade Basil Pesto Spaghetti 

This is Derp's order. Apparently this is their new dish, Even though it doesn't contain any meat inside, but the spaghetti itself is very tasty. I guess it's due to the herbs and cheese added to it. It'll be good if they served it with minced meat so as to make the dish a more nutritious one. 


No cafe visit is complete without ordering their Truffle Fries($12)


Brunch #onthetable 

Even though we did not have the chance to try 23 Jumpin, but we had a yummy brunch at Carol Mel Cafe. The bill came up to $40+ (after all the GST),  but it was a good brunch fix with Derp.

I will definitely go back to that area to visit other cafes soon as it's accessible and pretty near to where I'm residing :) 

The Commerze @ Irving, #01-30, 1 Irving Pl, Singapore 369546

No comments :

Post a Comment