Saturday, March 14, 2015

Cny Reunion Lunch/Dinner, Cny Day 1

Back to blogging about my Chinese New Year before I start forgetting about all the details. You know when one gets older, they tend to forget things more easily! #sadtruth

Derp and I went back to my parent's place to have early reunion dinner with them on the weekend before CNY.

Derp and I were more than happy that they were able to accomodate us to have it earlier so that on the actual CNY eve, we need not travel from east to the west and back to north-east all in a day. It's as good as travelling the whole of Singapore. Till we are able to afford a car, we will very much appreciate such arrangement.

It's my first Chinese New Year after getting married and moving out. Going back 娘家 meant a lot to me. We reached back slightly early than dinner time, so Derp and I were slacking in my old room. The room which I spent most of my time in for the past 10+ years, and as for Derp, at least 4 years. 

I do miss the good old days at times. Last time it was merely doing my own stuff till dinner is ready, and now it meant travelling all the way back. Seeing my parents putting so much effort in preparing the reunion dinner definitely warms my heart.And I go back be queen while waiting for dinner to be served lol!

Enough of my emo thoughts before I go way too off, so my Dad prepared all the dishes we had for reunion dinner. His theory is eating out is way too expensive so he rather cook himself. And he loves cooking. I always think that I get that genes from him because my mother is not a good cook and she don't like to cook at all lol. 


All the yummy dishes prepared by Dad!  

The bak ku teh soup was a first attempt by dad and the meat was soooo soft. It was one of the rare bak ku teh we had that's sooo good! Derp and I can't help but to keep praising how good it was (in terms of meat), the soup can be spicier though but my family members can't take spicy stuff as well as Derp and I, hence they didn't spam too much pepper. 

Not forgetting the long beans on the top right hand corner which I always cooked for Derp these days especially when I miss home lol. I honestly think my version is yummier! Opps! 

So reunion dinner with my family checked! 

I wasn't expecting any hong baos from anyone this year and to most of my relatives we are not yet married so in the end they still give us hong baos ( I still received quite a bit of them, will blog about that in another blog entry then).

And of cause I wasn't expected to give out hong baos but out of goodwill I decided to give hong baos to my parents, new born niece and also my aunt who brought me up. It's not the amount that matters but the thought that counts.


Took me ages to write those chinese words. It just reminded me of how long I did not write chinese words that I've to googled to see the exact look of many words.

On Chinese New Year's Eve, it was really relaxing for us. 

Derp and I need not work that day and we headed back to his side for reunion lunch.
\

A selfie before heading out! #lookoftheday #nofilter

Had a pretty bad outbreak but make up does wonder and I really can't help but feel so glad that the lighting in my new house is sooo good in the day! A #nofilter/#noedit photo can turn out to be so good :)


#welfie - Our first CNY as Mr and Mrs Goh :)


#OOTD - Am in Fayth's Heidi Playsuit! 

Love at first sight for this romper and glad that the sizing was right with adjustable straps. 


The reunion lunch at Derp's uncle's provision shop.


A group photo with most of his relatives after the reunion lunch.

After the reunion lunch which ended late afternoon, we went to catch Ah Boys to Men 3 before heading home to watch the CNY countdown :) A very simple and peaceful chinese new year's eve we had. Treat it as taking a break from our stressful work, finally some time off to spend time with each other :)

Chinese New Year Day 1 started pretty late for us. We decide to have home cook lunch before heading out to 拜年 :)


Snow Pea with White Mushrooms, Stir Fry Pig Liver with Ginger Slice. 


A #selfie before heading out again.#lookoftheday #nofilter 


CNY greetings from us! Wishing everyone a Happy Chinese New Year! 恭喜发财,羊年行大运!


#OOTD - Miss Fleur Dress in Magenta from MGP Label.

I definitely prefer a skater dress over a bodycon dress for CNY because of all the non stop eating.

We went over to my aunt's place where all my relatives will gather before heading back to my parent's place for dinner. 

My nieces are already attending high primary school and secondary school so no more playing of old school card games with them like in the past. 

This time round, they introduced to me a game call "2 player touch" which can be played on smart phones/tablets. The games consists of various mini games which one might have played in arcade games. The famous red/blue/green buttons which everyone will have to sometimes whack very fast/hard in order to win your friends.  



Although it was a short session, but it was fun enough reliving our childhood memories haha! 

Some photos with the youngest niece around (other than my brother's daughter).. she's so cute and cheeky! Moving non stop the moment she step into my aunt's place till the moment I'm leaving she's still running around haha!


Making her stand still to take a proper photo is almost mission impossible lol.


With all of them :) There's another 5 of them which left earlier.

In the evening, we went back to my parent's place for reunion dinner again. Dad was so happy to hear that we are able to come back for dinner on CNY Day 1 since we don't have any plans that day.

What's more my aunt place is in the west too so popping by back to my parent's place is easy and convenient.


The yummy feast he whipped up single handedly again! 

And that pretty sums up my cny eve till cny day 1. Will be back to blog about how I spend the remaining of my chinese new year soon :)

No comments :

Post a Comment