Saturday, June 14, 2014

Photoshoot Gown Fitting @ The Louvre Bridal

It's gown fitting day for our photoshoot! I think the excitement for such stuff has somewhat gone after our ROM. We were too caught up with the renovation of the new house till we somewhat forgot our photoshoot is that near. So while in the midst of our renovation, we were busy with the new house too! Thankfully the renovation was almost ending!

I've already lost count of the number of times we went back to our bridal studio. The gown fitting session lasted for about 2 hour plus, and it was tiring enough! It was even more so on the actual photoshoot date. But nevertheless, we are looking forward to see the final pictures because we have put in much effort for the props and etc! 

We started off by discussing the photoshoot venue with our coordinator, Yee Luo. We were asked to fill in a form prior to the photoshoot date so as to aid in our discussion process. Our photographer came down to have a talk with us too to understand us more.

The story line was make clear first( since we were going for conceptualized shoot instead of theme shoot because we think that will be more meaingful) before we continue brain storming the places. Some of which we will have to seek permission for the photoshoot to go ahead, hence the venue and the photoshoot itinerary wasn't finalized on that day. 

The following 2 weeks prior to the photoshoot was stressful enough liasing with many people. I fell sick and was suffering from flu on the photoshoot day! Sigh! Weight drop quite a little but I still can fit in the dresses that they have altered for me for the photoshoot. Phew! 

Anyway back to gown fitting session, we went ahead to try the gowns first :) I tried a total of 8 gowns. 2 short gowns, 2 evening gowns and 4 white gowns! 

Out of which, I choose 1 short gown, 1 evening gown and 1 white gown. To me, it's already more than enough because changing them on the actual photoshoot date can be tedious! 

Below are all the gowns I've tried for my photoshoot but was rejected...


A simple white short gown but I think the gown is a little too short for me and makes my leg looks fat! 


The back of the short gown  which is trying to show the fishtail effect :) Anyway ignore the clips because my coordinator used it to tighten up the whole gown for me temporarily. 

Moving on to the white long gowns that I've tried..

The back details of this gown is really gorgeous but not the front. :( It's kind of unflattering at the front for me. The train of the gown is nearly 2 meters long! One of the gown which have the longest train in the bridal studio.



The details of the train..

Love the back of the gown so so much! 

Adjust the lightning of the photo and posted it online :) 

And yea, I manage to fit into a mermaid cutting gown!

This mermaid cutting gown is really very comfortable but a little too plain for photoshoot. Derp would prefer me to be not in a mermaid gown for the photoshoot.


Ignore the clips again because the dress is way too loose! 

Last but not least, one of the pink evening gown I;ve tried..


This dress is so 'rui en' style. lol! But the shade of the pink somewhats makes my skin looks really dull :( Hence it's out for me though I would really love to have a pink gown in my photoshoot.

Nvm, I'll still have my actual day to go :) I shall go for a fuchsia pink cheongsum! lol!

Derp tried 3 suits and have to choose 2 out of it. All the suits he chosen for the photoshoot need major altering too. I think we are the alter-max couple who gave the seamstress a very hard time.

Alright, that's all for now. Won't be updating much on wedding stuff till we finally sort out on actual day details :) Till then!
The Louvre Bridal 
261 Waterloo St, 180261

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous4:36 PM

    The train gown is really very pretty! =)

    You look good in mermaid gowns but is really too plain..

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon for your compliment :):)

      Delete