Saturday, April 19, 2014

23rd February 2014 - ROM Ceremony & Lunch @ Peony Jade Clarke Quay Restaurant

While everyone is usually nervous on their big day,I'm one who almost couldn't wake up. We woke up at 7am to get ourselves wash up before the make up artist and photographer arrives. 

Around 7.45am, our room's doorbell rang and the hotel called up to inform us our MUA has arrived and she's coming up. I went like O.O because I didn't expect her to come that early! I was just about to eat my breakfast and getting my phone charged. 

But anyway, she set up her stuff first while I ate my breakfast. MUA have the most amazing number of stuff in their small luggage. Once it opened up, it's fascinating! I quickly gobbled down my breakfast and Derp called to request for more chairs(because my mother's MUA is coming in too at a later time), and he went to get some water for those coming to our room.

My photographer came at around 8:30am and Derp went down to fetch my mum at 9am.

My MUA doing the magic..

My gown

His suit

Our wedding band


My wedding bouquet, love the combination of colors I chose :)


My Mum's MUA (Pearlyn) came at around 9:30am. 


The room was really not big, but I'm glad that things work out well. phew! 

The natural lightings in the room was really not bad, my MUA heaved a sigh of relief when I opened the curtain for her.

After my make up is done, she went on to do my hair. And trust me, she spend a lot of time on my eye make up. #woesofsingleeyelid Thankfully, I catered more than enough time for her to finish the makeup and hair styling for me without having her to rush :)



My Mum's MUA working the magic on her too..

My MUA contacted me few days before the ROM day to discuss what kind of hair style I would like to have. After doing some research,  I decided on side swept hairstyle with braids and curls.

I'm not going for bridal hair style that's fully comb up because I think it will makes me look old. I always think I don't look good when I tie my hair up though.

My MUA told me to get some small fresh flowers 1 day before the ROM and she see what she can do for me on the day. Louvre Bridal has also provided me with the hair accessories. I can only test it out and see which works well with the hair style.

With the hair accessories from Louvre Bridal...


I eventually settled on the flowers since it matches with my bouquet well :)


I went to change into my gown after the hair is settled. And the gown need much help from my MUA. Because the details of the gown are too beautiful to be missed, it has to be captured by my photographer :)



After I'm done wearing the gown, it's Derp's turn to get his make up done. Yup guys also have to make up! hahahah! Honestly speaking, he dread it alot but I must say he looks really cute with the blusher. He can't stop complaining about it though. opps! 



I had my makeup touch up and also the final step, coloring the lips! 

My MUA left shortly after and awhile before that, my mum's makeup is done too! We were left with some freetime before my friends arrive to collect the stuff and head over to the ROM venue to set up the place. 


Derp's helping me with the earrings.

And also the heels.

I was really gek kiang because I think I can still bend to reach it, but it was a failed attempt and I gave up. 


The ladies who came early to help me. Thank you so much! They set off to the ROM venue at around 10:45am. The ROM ceremony was bound to start at 11:30am. 

We left the hotel at 11am and waited for my dad and brother to join us at the hotel lobby before we walked to the ROM venue.


Otw..


By right the sash of the chairs are supposed to be green, but I requested to change all to red instead.


The ring pillow provided by Peony Jade tied with our wedding bands. 

Because everything is provided by Peony Jade or Louvre Bridal, there's anot a need for me to DIY any stuff! That's how lazy no effort I am. Afterall, it's just a ROM. I'm keeping it simple.

Upon reaching the ROM venue, our friends and family members are there already.


With my family..

Derp's friends.


Our JP came on time and the ceremony proceeded smoothly..

The JP has briefed us beforehand when we meet him few months back, but on the actual day, can't help but to feel nervous. 



Thankfully our JP, Alex Tan, is humorous enough. That definitely ease all the tension! 

Time for exchanging of rings..



Derp has fat fingers and I got to suqeeze the ring through. 

:)

Signing of the cert..


With our JP, Alex Tan.

My parents, and Derp's Mum with Alex Tan.

Time for somemore photo taking before we went up to Peony Jade Restaurant to have the lunch! 

With the ladies..They purposely wore pink for me haha! 

Group photo :) 


Thanks babe for coming though you couldn't join us for the lunch. 

With Derp's friends again..

Last photo before we proceed up for the lunch.

Shortly after we were seated, the food came. The service at Peony Jade Clarke Quay was really good. The coordinator helped us to usher people up and also they start serving drinks for them. They greeted everyone with a smile. Thumbs up for their service! 

Some food photos taken by my photographer, only the first and second dish haha! 



Overall, the lunch is really very filling. As my table has only 8 person,we kept sending food over to Derp's friends table so that they can help us clear it. I'm already bursting by the 4th dish. The portion of food served at Peony Jade is really huge!

After the last dish, it's time for photo taking again before our guests start to leave.


The big ass 喜 word which I think it's really chio. For those who wished to have a oriental feel in their wedding can consider Peony Jade Clarke Quay.

With our family..

With Derp's friends..

Last but not least, with my friends. :)

And because the big ass 喜 word is a good background to take photo with..Time for more phototaking with the friends..

:)

The ladies making me 'pose' with the flowers and rings. lol! 

:):)

With Derp's twin brother and Jolene.


Our guests start to leave around 2:45pm and around 3 plus, we went to have a mini outdoor photoshoot with the photographer. I'll blog about it again then.

Thank you everyone for coming and those who have helped us in one way or another to make this event happen!

For previous blogpost about the ROM preparation, you may click here :)

Links for all the various merchants involved in my ROM:

Bridal Studio: The Louvre Bridal
Bridal Accessories/Boquet/Corsages: The Louvre Bridal
Bridal Nails: Naiilzparadise - Priscillia Lim
Bridal Shoes: Anna Nucci
My MUA: Valda Goh
Mum's MUA: Pearlyn Law
Photographer: Darwis Sunaryo
Justice of Peace: Alex Tan

3 comments :

  1. Hi,
    I was reading ur previous blogs about LB.. n i went on to read about ur ROM.. similarly i would like to hold an outdoor ROM... would like to ask about the MUA for ur ROM day.. izzit from LB or is u find outside independently? Do get bck to me via email! Pei_ying_89@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihi. Reading your reviews for peony jade, how is the food reviews from your Frens and relatives? Mind sharing? I'm considering peony jade at Clark quay but worried abt the food as elderly are more particular regarding food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      Thanks for dropping by. Food was good back then :) Portion was huge too as compared to hotel.

      Hope I do answer your qn :)

      Delete