Saturday, January 04, 2014

The Fiancé Birthday Celebration Part 1 - Rounders Bakery, Ding Tai Fung @ Jem, The Rink @ Jcube

It was a simple birthday celebration for Derp this year because we agreed on saving up money for our ROM and house. Having to say that, I  did make an effort to think of surprises after all it's his birthday. But my goal was to keep it low in cost and it's something Derp likes. 

I almost got cupcakes for Derp since it's like the most common birthday gift on earth, but when I came upon RoundersBakery, something else came across my mind. 

Few months back when RoundersBakery was founded, I was suggested to 'like' this page on facebook by my very good poly friend, Shirley. RoundersBakery was founded by Shirley's brother, Alan. 

They have what I'm finding for, Tiramisu in a Jar! It's something different from cupcakes. Both of us had it in Poulet @ Jurong Point before, and Derp totally enjoyed this dessert :) I love it too! And Because RoundersBakery is opened by my good friend's brother, I shall give the utmost support to them. 

I collected the Tiramisu 1 day before Derp's birthday. I ordered 2 jars and mind you, they are not light at all.  I was clearing leave then, taking a break after the flea market. I remembered quite clearly I had McDonald's breakfast that day all by myself lol! 

Anyway, I brought in the Tiramisu for Derp when the clock strikes 12am. 


The "Happy Birthday" sign was provided by RoundersBakery. After the phototaking, we finished the whole jar in less than 15 minutes. It was our supper! #fatdieus but the calories was all worth it. It tasted really good and melts in our mouth. We got to control ourselves to further indulge in it and leave another jar for the next day! 

If you are looking for cupcakes/cakes/tiramisu in the west area, you'll be glad to know that RoundersBakery do meetups at Jurong east/Bukit Batok, mainly in the west area. A lot of homemade cakes/cupcakes shop are located far away from the west! So now here's the good news, you need not travel far and you'll be having yummy cupcakes/tiramisu in no time. 

Check out their facebook page for more information! :)

The first stop of Derp's birthday celebration: Ding Tai Fung @ Jem! It's our first meal of the day and we dragged a little before getting out of house. Simply nua-ing on our off days, off days are hard to come by and should be cherished! It was a impromptu decision to have Ding Tai Fung because we don't really have much time left till our skating slot at 3pm,



The birthday boy! 

Mandatory order: Xiao Long Bao

Derp ordered the Prawn Dumpling Soup with Noodles


I ordered the Pork Chop Noodle! I love love love Ding Tai Fung's porkchop, it tastes best with their chilli sauce. 

Ding Tai Fung @ Jem
50 Jurong Gateway Road #02-07 Singapore 608549

After filling our stomach, it's time for ice skating! Honestly speaking, I challenged Derp to Ice Skating and I suffered more in the end lol! Sigh. But I've been wanting to try it for the longest possible time.

When I was really young, probably during my primary 6 days if I've never remembered wrongly,  I've ice skated at the old Jurong East building. 

It was the most 'in' thing those days, perfect class outing. The whole bunch of us will just go there and form group of 4's to skate. That's the promotion at the time. I can't really remember how I fare in skating then, but I wasn't a pro all along lol. I simply able to balance and move without much aid.

Now that I'm older, It took me quite a lot of courage to step back onto the skating rink once again . The fear of falling on my ass or getting cut on my hands by the sharp blades seems to be there, it wasn't there in the past. 

As it was the school holidays, the crowd was expected. But we managed to get our tickets quickly :)



We got our skates pretty quickly too though there was lots of kids returning their skates at that time. They were quite well organized.

The changing and locker area.

Derp is figuring out how to wear the skates.

I'm all ready with the help of Derp of cause lol! 

#OOTD with the skates lol!

I'm all ready too! 

Our so call 'ticket' for ice skating.

I was really scared to step on the ice. Once I'm on it, I grabbed on to the sides for 1 round before letting it go. I needed some time to get used to it while Derp got used to it much faster than me. 

I skated really slowly around the rink while holding on to Derp. When I was better at the last 45 minutes or so, I asked Derp to go ahead to skate without me while I slowly make my way and focus on my skates. It takes probably less than 3 minutes to get back to me. That's how slow I'm going.

Good news is, I never had a fall at all. Phew. I spotted people falling around me, I wanted to go over to help but 心有余而力不足! It just meant, I wanted to but I can't. I've to focus on keeping myself balance. 

The last 15 minutes or so, Derp and I skated pretty fast because he was dragging me along haha! He's the one who dare to make big steps whereas I'm one gu niang bird who don't dare even after getting the basics almost right. My postures weren't that right too afterall. I did regret not renting the seal! I would have skate faster with the aid.

I did remember to ask the crew to take photo of us before I focus full time on ice skating.

:) Photobomb by the crew behind us.


Love this shot! :)

It was indeed a memorable experience, and yet another #achievementunlocked moments.

My calf muscles hurts like a bitch the moment my skates reach normal land. That's when I think I've probably use the wrong part of my calf muscles during ice skating. The pain is worse than the aches you get from running a marathon.

For more information of ice skating, you can visit their page here!

I'll be back with part 2 of the birthday celebration soon :)

The Rink
2 Jurong East Central 1
Level 3, JCube
Singapore 609731

No comments :

Post a Comment