Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Nuffnang Lovin' x Christmas Countdown - Barista Workshop @ Stranger's Reunion

I gladly RSVP-ed to the final installment of Nuffnang Lovin' X Christmas event when I received the email about it. There were really limited slots for the Barista Workshop held by Strangers' Reunion

I gave the other events a miss because the timing clashes with my schedule. I'm so happy that I can make it for this and I've been wanting to visit Strangers' Reunion for the longest possible time. 


We were asked to do a self introduction and what do we usually blog about. The bloggers that were invited to the event are mainly lifestyle bloggers/food bloggers who loves visiting cafe :) 

Afterwhich, the staffs from Strangers' Reunion passed us the menu to order our drinks. 



And guessed what? All the coffee drinkers ordered their signature drink "Magic" since all of us are first timers to Strangers' Reunion. The non coffee drinkers ordered their hot chocolate.

The boss of Strangers' Reunion, Ryan Tan, personally did the coffee and latte art for all of our "Magic". Seriously, I feel so honored, because from what I know, he don't appear the the cafe everyday. Some background info, he's a 3-time Singapore Barista Champion & Latte Art Champion :)



I can only say, he's really serious and seeks perfection in every coffee and latte art he made.

All the latte art done by Ryan Tan. Aren't they pretty? 

When you put a group of bloggers together, they won't be concentrating on eating but in actual fact, we can spend 1/2 hour going around to take photos! 

We were served with many small bites too and they were really afraid we will not be full. But in fact, we are all bursting when we left the place.

Their famous truffle fries. 

I don't really remember what is this, but it just tasted like fried chips. 

The fried calamari is da best! Super yummy, I can't help but to keep eating it. 


The fried mushroom if I never remember wrongly. It's been nearly 1 month since the event, so you can't blame me for the poor memory haha! 

All the yummy treats for us. 

You can spot the fried luncheon meat at the top of chips. It's quite a popular dish being ordered there other than their truffle fries. 

It was time for the Barista Workshop afterwards. Everyone started to feel nervous because none of us had done latte art before. What if it comes out really ugly, it's gonna be so embarrassing! But yet, you have the urge to just try it for yourself to see how latte art is formed. 

I'm a sucker for heart shape, hence my favorite latte art for that night will be this :)

We took turns to learn how to make a simple heart shape latte art. Thanks Amanda from Nuffnang, for helping me take those photos below with my camera, while I'm in the midst of learning.  

Ryan guided us for the first time by holding on to the milk tin, so that we can have a feel of it.




And then it was my turn to go solo! He did gave verbal instructions to guide us :) 


And ta dah I'm done! lol! 

Seriously, not bad right for first timer? hehe. 

A close up look of it lol. 

And if you're wondering, nope we did not drink whatever we have made. If not we will probably suffered from insomia that night. 

After everyone had tried making a heart shape, he went on to guide a few of us to do a leaf shape. A pretty complicated design and it's not as easy as a heart shape. 


:) 

Before we left, we were served with their famous waffles. We had their weekly specials and I can't really remember what is it called. I think it got something to due with coconut shavings and also macadamia ice cream.



The weekly special waffles that week. It tasted really good. :) (p/s: I did went back for their waffles again, will blog more about it soon) 

Ended this post with photos taken by Qi Xin from Nuffnang..She was the one who invited us too. :) 


Group photo with Ryan. 

Thanks Nuffnang for hosting this amazing event. For more pictures of the event, you can click here.

I'll be back really soon to blog more about Strangers' Renuion. Stay tuned :) 

Strangers' Reunion 
37 Kampong Bahru Rd, 169356
6222 4869




No comments :

Post a Comment