Saturday, September 21, 2013

Review: Shake N Take Personal Smoothie Part 2

After using this Shake n Take Personal Smoothie blender for close to 5 months, time to do a review about it.

Many have been searching for the review of this smoothie blender and are being brought to my blog entry about it. Time for a 2nd review because I ought to let my readers know how the blender goes..

Here how it looks like now.. 

My 2 smoothie bottles and the machine.

Can you see there's some disgusting thing on the machine? Let's zoom in...

Ta dah! 

Okay I've to claim that I have never really taken good care of it well especially the machine, I don't really wipe it after use, okay maybe I did but that was initially. 

Anyway I think all these are burnt marks. I got the additional bottle set from G market, I don't know why but the additional bottle are of different color than the original bottle. It's the darker one btw, on the left. 

When I first uses the machine with the additional bottle, it releases a BURNT SMELL! #Scaredieme

I seriously don't know why and I highly suspect is caused by the burning of the bottle's rubber away. Isn't it weird that they send me the additional bottle that's of different material? It does feel and looks different.

Anyway from then on, I hardly use the 2nd bottle unless necessary. The top and bottom cap are interchangeable so that's the best part I guess. Because the top and botton cap of the original smoothie spoil first. 

Closer view of the 2 bottles.

The first problem I met after using the smoothie blender for long would be the cap!

Let's have a closer look at the cap..


This is the additional bottle cap, can tell that the hole is starting to get loose and hence when you are drinking from the bottle, the flow of the juice won't be smooth to your mouth. You got to suck really hard in order to drink your fruit juice. 


And that's the original bottle cap. Totally let me use until loose and even drop out before. I just fix it back lol. But it totally can't be use anymore so yup. You can just try o drink but no juice is gonna flow out, even if there is, you probably take super long to finish it. 

Second problem I met is the hard-to-wash bottle. I've got to really use a brush to scrub and comb off the debris. I don't know why it will get stucked to the bottle after all it's fruit juice. It really looks disgusting and moudly la! But actually you can still use it. No idea why it had stain the bottle. Fruits will stain bottle de meh? -_-' It's not tea or coffee le. 

The really mouldy smoothie bottle. 

It was worse before that but I did clear it up recently but the mouldy-ness will just reapear -_-". BUT no harm one, you won't get food poisoning after using it in this state. I'm still using it till date. 

I did thought of changing a new one since there's so much offers on this now. Honestly speaking, it's worth to have it because it can replaced your house's blender. 


The additional smoothie bottle. 

It doesn't look as mouldy as the original bottle and that's probably because I hardly use it. I believe if I used it more often, it will probably be more or less as moudly as the other one. 

The last and final problem I met with is the noise of the motor running in the machine.At first, it just sounded around the same as normal blender, or slightly softer. But that's not the main point. As I used it more and more often, the noise keeps getting louder till a point I'm afraid that the whole thing will just fly out one day.

 I heard from my colleague that when the machine starts to get nousier, it probably meant it might just spoil anytime and all of a sudden not functioning. I'm praying for that day not to come! 

Okay la, honestly speaking, it's really a cheap thing to invest on and if you're trying to eat clean, this is definitely good but don't expect too much :) I've no idea of how long the life span of the smoothie blender will be but I used pretty often (probably 2-3 times a week) and it lasted me for 5++ months.

Hope this review helps  and the link to part 1 is here!  

7 comments :

  1. Anonymous5:53 PM

    Got it from Qoo10. I used for two months for almost once-a-day usage, before the motor was not able to spin the blade effectively. The contact between the main motor base and the cup was lost or there was not enough "traction" or "hold" to spin the blade like new. Hence now, the blender is basically useless. All readers who read and considering to buy - be forewarned. I had wanted to put my experience in Qoo10 review, but it seems there is no option to modify the previous posted review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:07 AM

    Aiyo. Girl. You need to wash your dishes more thoroughly. Of course fruit juice will leave stains and "debris", mainly because of the fibre and also because they aren't washed off as properly as you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even use a big brush to scrub and also tooth brush to scrub the small ends. Scrub it for more than 10 minutes, It's still the same.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissy Ibarra4:19 PM

    Yeah it's a bit disappointing that its hard to clean after using but anyway there's no regret since I just only bought this a week ago at goods.ph at very low price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:50 AM

    Though i have normal blender, i just bought Bosch Hand Blender . I got the 750W version. I sm using it to nlend fruits daily. It's so easy to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:19 AM

    Hi Jing Xian. Are you still using shake n take? I have shake n take 3 and I'm noticing that the soft valve of the blades that ideally should prevent leaks doesn't seem to do it well. I've had mine for about 6 months (probbly used it for about 40 times in total). Just now, I've experimented with plain clear drinking water. After I tried blending it, the water suddenly had very small black spots. Really tiny. At the bottom of the blade cover, the one touching the motor, I've occassionally cleaned it because I noticed fine black shavings, probably because of the fast spinning action of that part. But seems like it can seep into what you'd end up drinking after using the blender.

    I can't find anything yet in the internet on how much mg of plastic/rubber shavings our body can tolerate related to shake n take :) But I've read there are few people who have use shake n take for "years" and they seem to be alive. But yeah, this is the internet so who knows how true those few testimonials are.

    ReplyDelete