Saturday, September 07, 2013

Genki Sushi @ Orchard Central

I've came across this super cute or should I say jap-technology type of sushi restaurant whereby they don't serve their food via waitress. It's by a really cute car!

Derp was telling me he felt like eating sushi and we were planning to go have Sushi Express that Friday but I came across Elaine's instagram(Elaineypoop), she took a instavideo of how Genki Sushi works. I showed Derp and we know we have to try it. :):)

Genki Sushi doesn't allow reservation, I've no idea why and this would means we've got to queue. :(

SAM_1511

I was quite sian to see the long queue but thankfully the queue moves quite fast. The turn over rate of the restaurant is quite high, probably because it's not sushi buffet. 

When we left, the queue was still super long. I didn't want the counter seats because I thought they would not have the 'car' to deliver sushis to the customer, but actually by sitting at the counter seats, it's the same! So if you are heading there and it's really crowded, you can safely opt for the counter seats if you don't mind. 

SAM_1518
The full menu was pasted at the side of our table.

SAM_1517

Our orders were made through a Ipad Mini. So cool! Okay la I sound sua ku but really cool ma! lol. I support this initiative because it saves the trees :) And whoever created this application, kudous to you cause it's really easy to use and interactive. 

SAM_1513

SAM_1514
Wide range of sashimis~

SAM_1519
Our first order arrived via the 'car'. :)

We were busy looking out for our 'car' because we wanted to take a video of it. But many a time, the 'car' that come was not stopping at our table. It either zoom pass us or stop earlier. Just not us. We're really looking forward to it. LOL! 

SAM_1520
Salmon Triple Flavour

3 different type of sashimi, smoked salmon, black pepper salmon and normal salmon sushi. The black pepper salmon is seriously omg nice with the cheese on it. I guess the whole Singapore, only Genki Sushi does it this way. They are really creative and have lots of ways to handle their sashimi. Sashimi/Salmon lovers, do go there! :) 

SAM_1521

SAM_1522
Seared Salmon with Black Pepper

This is the MUST-Order when everyone goes to Genki Sushi! $2.30 per plate. :)

SAM_1523
Our first round.

SAM_1526
:)

We ordered the following below  in our 2nd and 3rd round. One round maximum 4 orders, come to think of it, it prevent us from over eating lol! 

SAM_1527
Crabmeat sushi with the black pepper and cheese again. Yummy but I think the salmon is even better!

SAM_1528
Chawanmushi :)

SAM_1529
Tempura and it's served with rice below. So it's tempura sushi. :)

SAM_1530

Rice wrap with beancurd skin ordered by Derp. I've no idea why Derp like to order this kind of 'waste stomach' space type of food. If it was a buffet, I would not allow him to order lol.  

SAM_1532
Happy Derp with yummy sushi!

SAM_1533
Happy me :)

SAM_1535
Their menu are really extensive :)

When we reached the 8th plate, there's this Genki Sushi Lottery. I've all along though this was a sure-win lottery(no idea where I read from). I was happily telling Derp and next moment we didn't win anything. Derp laugh at me for the whole night because I told him "sure win one". I feel so pai seh! 

SAM_1536

Our final round orders...

SAM_1537

Gayoza on sushi rice again. This restaurant want to carboload their customers. But it's really cute la to see them putting the gayoza on rice even though I'm really sian about the rice. #fatdieme

SAM_1538

Spicy Salmon Sushi. It's really SPICY! Spicy food lovers, do try this. Derp was sweating after he ate 1 of it. 

SAM_1539
Spicy Salmon Sushi row with crab roe on top. It's nice and less spicy compare to just the spicy salmon sushi.

Our bill costs up to a total of $36. It's so worth it because we felt really full after that.I think our stamina of eating have drop and we can no longer handle buffet lol.

Anyway, Genki Sushi is worth a try since the locations of their outlets are quite central. I'll go back there again when either Derp or me misses their yummy salmon :):)


GENKI SUSHI ORCHARD CENTRAL 
181 Orchard Road, #03-32, Orchard Central 

GENKI SUSHI CHINATOWN POINT 
133 New Bridge Road 
#02-33 Chinatown Point

No comments :

Post a Comment