Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Review: Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream

I've been searching for a new night cream because my Vichy Bi-White Night Cream is almost finishing! I've contemplated for quite awhile before going out on a real hunt for a new night cream, that would actually meant I used my previous night cream till the very last bit. It doesn't mean that the product is damn good, but I'm just using it till it's finished and I do not wish to waste it. In fact, I'm not one who change my skincare products that often and only change it depending on my skin needs.

Though this blog post is not about SKII, but what really strikes me to get the Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream is due to the SKII Magic Ring test that I did around 2-3 weeks back.

I've signed up for the free SKII trial sample on SKII facebook which entitle me to a free SKII Magic Ring test! To think of it, I"m actually very curious what's the test about and how my skin would fare in the Magic Ring test.

The SKII Magic Ring test your skin for 5 areas, namely Texture, Firmness, Wrinkles, Spots, Radiance.

So what are the 5 areas about?

Texture Refinement - Skin texture conditions are analysed to determine smoothness, along with the pore’s total area scale by measuring concentric sebaceous gland on the cheek

Firmness Power - Skin firmness levels of the cheek skin, pore conditions and wrinkles of nasolabial folds -- better known as ‘laugh lines’ – are assessed. The Ageless Vector also provides further analysis of skin’s firmness and elasticity, based on the total amount of lines and angles of the skin in these three areas

Wrinkle Resilience - Fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, where the thinnest and most sensitive area is, are measured based on total length to evaluate the level of skin wrinkles.

Spot Control - Spots and colour unevenness are analysed based on feature contrast and shape, before classification according to depth by spectrum constitution. Both visible spots seen by the eye as well as the hidden spots in the basal epidermal layer are picked up and calculated based on their total size.

Radiance Enhancement - Skin’s brilliance and brightness are evaluated by the reflection of the light upon skin’s surface and evenness in texture in terms of wrinkles, spots and dullness.

Source: http://www.sunshinekelly.com/2013/01/review-sk-ii-magic-ring-skin-analysis.html

My results were not bad. I scored 70+% (the machine wrote my skin is the same as those of the 17-20s, I'm like really meh?? Then I  came home to google and realised most people have good results! -__-") for every areas except for Texture Refinement whereby I scored a 50+%.  The SKII counter girl told me to hydrate my skin more so as to improve the Texture Refinement of my skin.

Thanks to the SKII counter girl for her pointers to take care of my skin better though I sort of know my skin problem all along lol. She's really good and no hardselling, I went to the SKII Counter @ Tang at Shaw. The SKII essence is really good and I'm still considering whether to get the actual size of it but it's really expensive!

Laneige is well known for their hydration product so I guess getting my hydration cream from Laneige would be good. :)

I'm quite picky when comes to selecting night cream because I'm afraid it makes my face super oily even before my bedtime -_-". So I walked into Laneige at Jurong Point one fine day after work to enquire on the various type of hydration cream they have. Infact for hydration series they do not have night cream but the cream can be used for day or night.

I requested for a night cream that's not too thick because the experience I have with the Vichy Bi-White Night Cream is not really good. My face couldn't absorb it in and my face is oily before I sleep. The sales girl recommended me the Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream. They have the cream type which would be too thick for me hence I stick to the Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream. :)

Photo 25-8-13 23 14 28
Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream

Photo 25-8-13 23 15 14
The gel which looks like any normal gel. It has a very nice scent :) Brownie points for this cream. 

Photo 25-8-13 23 17 37
Took a little out to apply on my hand for better illustration. The gel cream is light, and transparent.

Photo 25-8-13 23 19 53

After 2-3 minutes, the gel is absorbed into my skin. I can instantly feel my right hand is smoother than my left hand and not so dry:)

I've been using the Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream for nearly a week, so far no any visible side effects like outbreak or allergy. I only used it once per day which is at night so I guess 1 bottle is able to last very long for me. 

No comments :

Post a Comment