Thursday, August 01, 2013

Ramen Keisuke Tori King (100AM) , Ya Hua Bak Ku Teh(Outram) , FourFingers(Dhoby Ghaut)

This is going to be a super foodie post! All about food at Tanjong Pagar area. I'm glad to have a chance to venture out at there during lunch time because for the whole of last week, I was on course at Tanjong Pagar area. I always feel excited to be at somewhere else as long its not near my boring workplace, I guess as the saying go "grass is always greener on the other side" is true for me.

I've temporary experienced the life of a working adult at CBD area, able to see how all of them dress up and they usually don't start work at 8:30pm. And yup I got to sleep more than 45 minutes everyday :):):)

But anyway, the downside of working at the CBD areas would probably be how expensive their food could be unless you bother to walk to Maxwell Hawker Centre. Other than feeling broke after 1 week of course, I feel fat. #fatdieme

The training I attended was 1 traffic light away from 100AM. If you've no idea where is it, it's actually located next to Amara Hotel :) On the first day of our couse, one of our colleague was very enthu to bring all of us there. Thankfully our instructor let us off early like 11:30 and We rushed there.

Our colleague was telling us the restaurant get filled up by 12pm and the restaurant is damn small type, the lunch time queue is always freakingly long so We got to rush there. I was thinking "got so nice ma??" in my heart. And yup, this bowl of normal looking ramen did prove to me that it's worth it! 

Our lunch place - Ramen Keisuke Tori King! 



As you can see the place is really damn small. 1 big lunch group came in can occupy this whole long table. They probably can allow the maximum of 2 big group and 1-2 small groups in the restaurant at a time. 

The deco of the shop is more towards the 1970-1980s time in Japan. A vintage/traditional jap restaurant I guess :)

Basically, Ramen Keisuke serves 3 types of ramen, the normal chicken soup type, the spicy type and also the wasabi soup. Sounds exotic eh? lol. I chose the normal chicken soup to play safe afterall it's my first time there. I chose to add the egg. You can choose to add egg and seaweed and meat. That's basically adding everything possible and that would cost you $16.90. 

My colleague's portion. He added everything in. Looks good? :)

My ramen with egg added.

The ramen was really damn good especially the egg and also the drum stick! As I'm typing this, I'm thinking of how tender and soft the drum stick was and also the soft Japaneses egg. I love to eat Japanese egg. The one at Ramen Keisuki is so soft and the taste is strong enough :) This bowl of ramen costs me $13.90! Totally worth it and the best part is, you can choose to have no oil or less oil on your soup! Have ramen and feel at ease. 

There's a downside of this ramen, although the chicken soup broth maybe really thick (probably the thickest soup broth I've ever tried before), I find the soup a little salty. I've got to really drink lots of water after my meal. 

I will go back to try the spicy soup base soup with Derp soon. But I'm wondering hows the crowd during dinner time? Will it be as crowded as lunch time? And how about weekends? But this ramen is worth the wait! I bet all those who work near there would probably have this ramen very frequently :)

Ramen Keisuke Tori King 
#03-15, 100 AM, 100 Tras Street
Daily: 11:30 - 22:00

The following day, Karen and I went to have Ya Hua Bak Ku Teh! It's my favourite Bak Ku Teh till date. I love bak ku teh with white soup base, meaning those peppery type and not the black herb type of bak ku teh.

It's not my first time there because I've been there with colleagues and also Derp before. By default, I will have their normal bak ku teh and plain rice. Karen and I ordered the pig intestines as our side dish :):) 

Yummy bak ku teh!! I simply love the soup :) 

Ya Hua Bak Ku Teh 
#01-05/07, Tanjong Pagar Complex, 7 Keppel Road
Closed on Mon, Tue to Sun: 7.00am - 4.00am

On Friday, our course ended before lunch time! :):) So great for a Friday right? Anyway, Karen and I went to meet Lester and Ken Min for lunch at Dhoby Ghaut! I was thinking to try Four Fingers since me, Karen and Ken Min have not tried before yet. 

I've always got no chance to try the Four Fingers at Orchard Ion because it seems to be always full house and that branch is not as big as the branch at Dhoby Ghaut. For your info, the Four Fingers is in Plaza Singapure, it's located at where the Cafe Cartel used to be. :)



Ken Min ordered the chicken cutlet with fries because He don't want his hands to get oily. 

But seriously, I will just go all out to try the chicken wings/drumlet since Four Fingers is famous for that. 


Lester, Karen and I each ordered a 6 piece chicken wings/drumlets set which comes with fries and a drink. For the fries, We chose kimchi friends and seaweed fries so that We can try the different variety. As for the flavour of the chicken, We ordered the mix. There's garlic soy and spicy flavours. The spicy is really really spicy. 

I still remember me asking them why I have not tasted the spicy one yet, all seems fine and taste good. Then they told me one bite on the spicy chicken wings/drumlets, I can tell immediately that "this is the spicy one". And indeed they are right. I will order all garlic soy flavoured chicken the next time I go. 

The 6 pieces chicken wings/drumlets meal costs us $9.95 each. I would say worth it and it's nicer than KFC! This is my latest addiction I guess? lol. Thank god they are only located in the town area and not in Jurong Point. If not I would probably eat it pretty frequently and #fatdieme.  

Four Fingers
Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard Road #01-32, Dhoby Ghaut, 238839

I went to collect my Rilakkuma Cake from Bon Japan after my lunch before boarding home. The cake is not small though and it's so cute and I can't bear to eat it but eventually I did when Derp and I went home after dinner that day haha! 

Rilakkuma Chocolate Flavoured Cake :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment