Wednesday, April 03, 2013

My New Flat :)

When every couple reach a stable stage, marriage and housing talks starts to kick in. They'll probably start to think of getting a flat of their own unless they wish to stay with one of their parents for the rest of their life and eventually take over the house. Plus it's not easy to take a HDB flat nowadays and the waiting time is so damn long, I guess everyone will start thinking about it even earlier.

As for Derp and my case, Derp stay in a 3-room flat at Tampines, definitely there's no space for me to move in. I stay in a 4-room flat near Jurong point area, and yup it's the new type of flat hence it's small. Btw there's plans of my bro's gf moving in after they get married this year adding on to the fact that Derp have been staying in with me for 3 years or so cause NTU is nearer to my house. My house gonna be quite cramp up soon I guess. I would say it's sort of a MUST to take a flat and shift out after We got married. 

We are not as lucky as some other couples who got their flat on their first try.We balloted a total of 3 times and got a queue number that is within the no.of flat available on the 3rd try. Nothing worth to be proud off cause it's not like we got a small queue no. but at least We were given a chance to choose. All this time our mindset was 'try lor' because it's better to start now than later. Moreover these days a flat takes 4-5 years to be ready.

It's not a MUST to get those areas that We balloted for because all 3 areas We balloted were all different areas for 3 times. We'll let heaven decide eventually where We will end up staying at. 

The very first time We balloted for a flat  was in Tampines in Jan 2012, that's around 1/2 year after  I started working. Though We were given 4 chances because it is close to derp's current house, but We were not given any queue number. -_-".

From then on, I told Derp I sort of give up on mature estate areas cause they are expensive, overrated and why waste the $10? It's not like the hdb flat near town area so I guess is not worth it. 

The second time We balloted for a flat in Punggol in July 2012, oh ya by then I've worked 1 year, qualify for us to apply for the AHG grant and not to worry about first 5% downpayment anymore. It's better this time round because We got a queue number BUT the queue number was not within the no. of flats available.

The third and final time We balloted for was Seng Kang area under the Sales of Balance Flat Sep 2012. Though i was given a queue no. for July BTO exercise, but no appointment was given to me because by the time it reaches my number, all the flat might have taken up. So We just went ahead to ballot for SBF Sep 2012 exercise. :) Heng We did and never regretted since then because We do love our new house location alot.

We decided between Punggol and Seng Kang but eventually decided on Seng Kang because

1) There are more flats available at Seng Kang - 222 compared to Punggol 160+ flats. So means higher chances of getting a queue number at least.

2) Flats in punggol are mainly keys ready for collection but sad to say We are not financially ready.

3) Most of the flats in Seng Kang available are ready latest by 2015. Not that bad right? Should be just nice and plus point - no need wait till 2017/2018. 

4) Most importantly there's still many high level premium flats available in Seng Kang. Most would have thought remaining flats are all the 2nd/3rd level flats but nope, there's 15th and 16th level flats available for you to choose.  

We sent in the flat application for the 3rd time. The ballot results were announced shortly after my birthday. I didn't even remember I applied for a flat because of all the birthday celebrations lol. I guess it's a belated birthday present for me. As usual, the email came while I was working half way. Scan through the whole email and I saw the legendary number. 168! It's within the 222 no.of  flats! *pop champagne*

Just like I've mentioned earlier, nothing to be proud of but it's good enough. Finally I got a chance to choose right?

We were aiming 2 projects, namely Anchorvale Horizon or Anchorvale Cove. Horizon is our ideal dream place to stay in because is located directly next to the stadium. :):) Seriously dream house plus it's a premium flat meaning full length windows. Me went to check the floor finishes that is included in premium flat without additional top up, the kind of floor finishes is the kind Derp wants. :). We were worried if it's not the kind we want, we got to take the floor finishes out and put our ideal one down, extra work and $$. We might not be able to afford it but now all the worries are gone.

Derp and I can get lazy going to the stadium near my house at times because of the distance from my house to the stadium. We or should I say mainly I would run on normal walking track nearby my house. Derp told me its always better to run in stadium at least is softer cushion and my kneelcap and ankle wont get injured so easily which I believe so because lately my right ankle hurts like mad and it doesnt seems to recover.

We went down to do some site survey during CNY period and their stadium is even more atas than jurong west src. *drools*. We also walked from our future house back to seng kang mrt and the distance seems fine :). Just 1 super straight road. It's around 2-3 bus stops if i'm not wrong. Btw I've spotted many future running routes when I was there and there's also a park connecting to punggol. woo hooooo!

Derp wanna buy rollerblade and go rollerblading at the park. He's jio-ing me but I'm holding back haha! We shall see till then and I actually dont really mind la haha!

The wait to go down select our flat  is torturing. Because it's the sales of balance exercise, they go area by area, Seng Kang and Punggol area is the last few areas they cover. We only get to choose a flat in march. Can you imagine from nov till march? All the stalking and refreshing of HDB website lasted for a month or so. Around 2 days before we go down to select the flat, a lot of the flats at our ideal area are being selected especially the higher levels flat.

We managed to secure a flat at the 7th level. I told Derp as long anything above 4th level I'm fine because I've stayed on 4th level for my whole life. The highest level of our new block is 16th so 7th is somewhere in the middle. Not too bad though.

Some of the left over flats have windows facing carpark or schools which I dont really like and I think it's not ideal. I'm contented because the flat We chose have windows facing inwards towards the garden between the blocks. Only the five room flats and 10% of the 4 room flats have windows facing the stadium provided it's of high level. Most of which are taken up when it was first launched in 2010.


Our queue number. Yes auntie me went to buy 4d after our flat selection. Our unit number almost tio some 4D prize but didnt. Jump 1 number. Oh well I got many years to slowly try then haha. 

There's this blog which shows all the photos of the flats building in progress in Seng Kang. This person is damn good la!  Kudos to him. Everyone who bought a flat there should visit his blog to see whats the status of your house :) He do update the blog very frequently.

This is the picture I took from his blog of Anchorvale Horizon. Picture taken as of 31st March 2013 :)


The SRC and hockey stadium is in the foreground of the picture and behind is Anchorvale Horizon! :) Btw, my block is the one at the most right in the picture hehe. Oh and the LRT is at the most left of the picture. My block is nearer to the bus stop :)

All 16th level is up but I guess there's much more work to be done like the floorings, doors and etc. Not forgetting the paint work. I wonder how will it look like then. * excited* Shall bring my mum to go down to see my new flat when the painting are up, probably 1 day during end of the year. She accompanied Derp and me to choose flat. lol! 

Can't wait to have my house warming, xmas party and invite all my colleagues and friends over :) I've started to read up on renovation stuff but seriously there's really too much things to know. Not forgetting I do love my new address because it sounds atas. They include the bto project name inisde your address. So it goes like Blk XXX Anchorvale Horizon... 

Thats probably all for now regarding my flat :). To all those who haven gotten a flat yet, my tip for you is to keep trying and be open minded to explore different areas of Singapore. 


1 comment :

  1. it was so good to read and very useful to update my skill as updated one.
    Selling HDB Flat

    ReplyDelete