Monday, April 15, 2013

Bonjapan Station Dhoby Ghaut Xchange, Hifumi Japanese Restaurant, Createaf Waffles

I've always been a big fan of Bonjapan because of the wide range of items they brought in from Japan. I've attended their one piece cafe eventrilakkuma dessert cafe event  and visited their JMall last year. This time round, I was invited to the Bonjapan Station opening at Dhoby Ghaut Xchange. 

It got me excited because of the variety of  Japanese snacks/desserts  they are bringing in for example Hokkaido Cream Puff and Dorayaki(Doraemon's food) and also with every $20 purchased, one can participate in their rilakkuma giveaway. How can I not get excited? :)

Knowing that Bonjapan Station is opening at Dhoby Ghaut Xchange reminded me that I can get POSH brownies from there too. I've been wanting to buy more posh brownies ever since I bought and ate 2 in March when they came to Jurong Point to sell their brownies during a road show. Derp and I heated up our brownie and match it with vanilla ice cream for a sunday afternoon teabreak. Sinful but defintely worth the calories. Their brownies are our current favourite dessert. 

The unique and interesting packaging.

Each normal brownie costs $2.50. 

Because Bonjapan Station was a little crowded when We reached, We headed over to POSH first to get our brownies. While waiting for our brownies to be packed, I took some photos of their shopfront at dhoby ghaut xchange. They had 1 more outlet at Kovan. 


Many different type of brownie and they offer customization. 


Pretty brownies but I can't imagine I eat the whole chunk by myself. It's gonna take me ages to finish it. 

We bought another 2 brownies this time. We only have out weekend to slowly enjoy this brownies though, normal weekday We are just too lazy to heat up the brownie and scoop ice cream to eat. sigh. We can't buy too much a a time looking at our situation. I do love times like this, simply eating brownie and be a potato couch watching some movies on our computer screen on a weekend. 

POSH Brownie
Dhoby Ghaut Xchange 
#B1-40

Happily skipped over to bonjapan station after We bought our brownie. Okay la they are just side by side lol. 


Our loots from Bonjapan Station were packed into this paper bag. We bought the hokkaido cream puff (Chocolate, Vanilla flavour), mini dorayaki(chocolate, custard flavours) and also Mochi( Sakura + double green tea flavour). I don't really know how to describe whats Sakura flavour after eating it. 

We chose to have the hokkaido cream puff to be eaten straight so they gave us the ready-to-eat type. They have the frozen type which last 2 hours. 


Yummy vanilla ice cream inside the puff. It does remind me of breadpapa just that breadpapa is not ice cream filling. 

Happily eating down the ice cream puff.

The staff explain to us their new products flown in from japan and not forgetting the new drink range that they are launching too. Different types of tea blended with chocolate and coffee. I'll go back there soon to try it :)

We left our mochi with bonjapan first because We intend to walk around the new plaza singapura extension and have our dinner. Everywhere was so crowded at the new plaza singapura extension. Tim Ho Wan was open for invited guest but there's already a queue.

We settled down at Hifumi Japanese Restaurant for our dinner. 


All their set meals come with with the all-you-can-eat-appetizer. Sorry for the blur photo because after I took the photo I dash off to the appetizer bar lol. 


Chawanmushi and brinjal. I know many people hate brinjal but I'm one brinjal lover lol. 

Derp's servings of appetizer. 

There's actually other never see before jap appetizer but We don't really dare to try haha. 

My main - Beef with garden salad serve with rice and miso soup. 


Derp having his saba fish with rice and miso soup. I always have the thinking that this kind of fish quite ma fan to eat but actually that's not the case lol. It's quite easy to eat and I kept stealing from derp lol. 


I can't finish my mains but I went to take somemore appetizer. The purple thingy is japanese sweet potato coated with some sweet sauce. Nice and crunchy :)


Look of the day - I just put on clio eyelinear, didnt draw my brows ever since I did eyebrow emobriodery

Initially We wanted to head back to JP to watch Saving General Yang but the theater was quite packed when We checked online. We decide to catch it the next day so I brought Derp to eat waffles since Createaf is at that area.  

I ordered the snack set for each of us, 1/4 waffle with ice cream of our choice and fruits. $4.50 each.


As usual I had their roasted tea :)

Derp's elephant tea.

We went back to Bonjapan Station to collect our mochis. They brought out rilakkuma to place at their shop front. 

Hello there rilakkuma :)

I'm approaching the rilakkuma lol. No i'm not going to eat you up you cute little thing. 

Shall end this post with this photo of me and my favourite rilakkuma. :)


Bonjapan Station
Dhoby Ghaut Xchange
#B1-38

No comments :

Post a Comment