Tuesday, February 24, 2015

九如烧腊 Kou Yu Roast @ Jurong Point

When Kou You Roast first opened @ Jurong Point's Hong Kong street, the queue was never ending! 
For many weeks, everyday it was just long queue for the restaurant. 

It opened few months after I moved out from Jurong so I was kind of sad lol. 

Infact, the newly opened Mongkok street @ Jurong Point has a wide variety of food being sold there and it was definitely the highlights. The famous Hot Star Chicken has also opened a outlet there which I've once reviewed about it before. 

Weeks back before CNY, I met my mum for dinner at Kou You Roast since I've not tried it before ever since it opened. The queue has subside which is good news so yay to no queue :)


The very Hong Kong style type of banner. 


The long list of menu as follow. I didn't know they sell that many variety of hong kong delights! 





So here's what my mum and I ordered...

Their specialty is the roasted delight so I make it a point to order that then..


Rice With Roasted London Duck - $ 7.80


Rice with Crispy Pork Belly - $7.80


Deep Fried Prawn Wonton - $7.80

I find both the roast duck and roast pork belly to be so-so. There's not enough sauce or should I say none at all on either the duck/pork belly. Hence making the whole main course we had really try.

I prefer the roast duck over the roast pork belly but this is not the best roasted delight I've eaten till date. I'm thankful it was sold less than $10 bucks even though $7.80 isn't that really cheap too for this standard. Glad that I didn't queue for this restaurant back then!

On a side note, the deep fried prawn wonton was good! Saw people ordering egg tarts and other dim sum from them which seems much more appealing than the roasted delights. Perhaps if I have a chance to patronize them again, I'll try their dim sum then :)

九如烧腊 Kou Yu Roast @ Jurong Point 
JP 2 Mongkok #03-80
Jurong Point Shopping Centre Spore 648331

No comments :

Post a Comment